Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

question on buying a honda

Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 AM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default question on buying a honda

a neighbor of a good friend of mine is selling a 2003 600 RR. it has 1300 miles, bone stock. he bought the bike wrecked, and fixed everything, the front forks, whole new front end basically, and bought a set of 06 plastics and put them on there.

he says everything is straight, and i rode it just down the street yesterday and it seemed to ride straight, i'm riding it a lot more tomorrow.

my question is, what kind of price should i look at it for. he says he was going to advertise it at 6000 cuz he wants 5500, and he told me 5500. i am going to have wade up at dreamworks look at it and ride it, since hes nice enough to do so.

also what are some good honda forums.

thanks guys
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: question on buying a honda

600RR.net is pretty good, but there might be something else the honda guys know of. i used that when i was looking at buying a 600rr.

its a damn good bike.. i think the price might be a little high for a previously wrecked 03.. but thats just me. ask to see pictures of it before the wreck, and make sure you know of everything that was replaced. that will give you an idea of how bad it was. and DEFINATELY have a shop check it out, let them know its been wrecked and that you are thinking of buying it.

also, ask him what he did to put the 06 plastics on it. i think you have to use the 06 subframe to do that because of the way the tail section is...

2003/04

2005/06

hope that helps..

Last edited by onepointone; 07-17-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

+1 on 600RR.net
I have an 06 model (look in the threads i have made here for pics)
Also that price seems to high for a wrecked bike, even if it was restored. 5k max
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

yea, i think if he is asking 6k for it, he probably wouldnt take less than 5k, but personally, and depending on what all was fucked up from the wreck, i wouldnt pay more than 4500 personally, especially since its an 03. you can get a unwrecked 03/04 for 5-6k im sure. it is was just plastics and simple things that were messed up, thats one thing, but bent forks, wheels, swing arm, frame, ect.. those are a big deal and i (personally) would stay away from the bike.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:00 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

if it was a newer 600rr with inverted forks, i'd be more concerned about the frame, but non inverted fork sbend pretty easily. i'd still look for and stress marks around the steering neck. if it took a hit hard on the front, it may have tweaked the frame. have wade run the bike to my house (i'm right around the corner for the most part) and i'll take a look at it too if you want.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
if it was a newer 600rr with inverted forks, i'd be more concerned about the frame, but non inverted fork sbend pretty easily. i'd still look for and stress marks around the steering neck. if it took a hit hard on the front, it may have tweaked the frame. have wade run the bike to my house (i'm right around the corner for the most part) and i'll take a look at it too if you want.
you mind if i bring it by tomorrow? i'm going to be riding it around tomorrow to see how it is. i believe the guy is going to be with me as well, being that his R1 comes in tomorrow, so you can ask him all the questions you want. he seems very knowledgeable when it comes to bikes, more than me and my friends, but thats not saying much.

and about the price, i've been looking around, and that does seem like the price they are going for with about 6000 miles on it. this only has 1300, and i am considering it is mid summer... i actually don't think i have seen one on the forum i got on today (cbrforum.com) that was this price with as low miles
Old 07-17-2006, 12:48 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

you can bring it to me tomm if you want. wade knows where my house is. i'll be here most of the day finishing breaking down an r6 motor so i have it all apart when the parts come in.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 PM
GLHF

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
you can bring it to me tomm if you want. wade knows where my house is. i'll be here most of the day finishing breaking down an r6 motor so i have it all apart when the parts come in.
ya i'll ask him how to get there from the shop, and come by, you mind PMing me your number to call ya before i come?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:07 PM
B18C1

mischiefse7en has disabled reputation

I would be kind of leary of a bike that had to have everything but the frame replaced. Look on craigslist in DC, there was about 5 of them on there about a week ago. Guy from 600rr.net just bought an 03 from off there for $5100, never been wrecked.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Make sure the frame is'nt PAINTED. I bought my 929 a few years ago and it was painted so well, i did'nt realise they used BONDO to fill the dents and then paint right over that shit. I never gave a damn though it was my beater bike.

And was it a SALVAGE title? Run a carfax or something.

Last edited by Armenian; 07-18-2006 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: question on buying a honda