Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Power Commander?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93DOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Commander?

I have a ZX10R and been looking for a power commander. I've been noticing people listing the name of bikes with the PC. I was under the impression you could map a PC to any bike. Please advise, I'm looking to get one soon. Also, what are the recommended brands? If that matters. Thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Power Commander?

If you get a PCIII you'll want one that's for your year ZX10r, they come with specific plugs so that you don't have to splice anything.

I've used a PCIII on my 04 engine and my 07 engine, each was used to tune the motor on a dyno.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Power commander is the best bang for the buck. MUCH more tunable than most of the cheaper systems.

If you can get a pc5 for your bike, they are CRAZY tunable, and they have outputs for alot of options/add-ons if you ever wanted to use them. I know the HD pc5's you can tune each cylinder individually, which can come in handy on certain motor configurations (rear cylinders run hotter on HD's, inner 2 cylinders run hotter on inline-4's, etc)

They also have an add-n "auto tune" system for the pc5's that will tune the Power Commander as you ride. You do have to weld in an O2 sensor bung in the exhaust if your bike doesn't already have one though. It uses a wide-band O2 sensor to tune the PC. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
Power commander is the best bang for the buck. MUCH more tunable than most of the cheaper systems.

If you can get a pc5 for your bike, they are CRAZY tunable, and they have outputs for alot of options/add-ons if you ever wanted to use them. I know the HD pc5's you can tune each cylinder individually, which can come in handy on certain motor configurations (rear cylinders run hotter on HD's, inner 2 cylinders run hotter on inline-4's, etc)

They also have an add-n "auto tune" system for the pc5's that will tune the Power Commander as you ride. You do have to weld in an O2 sensor bung in the exhaust if your bike doesn't already have one though. It uses a wide-band O2 sensor to tune the PC. Pretty cool stuff.
What cheaper systems are you referring to?

I doubt the PCV is available for his bike, mostly 09+ bikes got the PCV and the PCV Auto-tuner is garbage, absolute garbage. If you want to go the route of an auto-tuner (which I wouldn't, a dyno tune is far better) then go with a Bazzaz ZFI and ZAFM, the Bazzaz autotuner is loads better than the Power Commander unit as is their QS.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dark-SRT4
What cheaper systems are you referring to?

I doubt the PCV is available for his bike, mostly 09+ bikes got the PCV and the PCV Auto-tuner is garbage, absolute garbage. If you want to go the route of an auto-tuner (which I wouldn't, a dyno tune is far better) then go with a Bazzaz ZFI and ZAFM, the Bazzaz autotuner is loads better than the Power Commander unit as is their QS.
the're are other brands out there. yosh, muzzy, lockhard phillps makes one as welll.. there are other brands other therebut those are ones iv seen

and steve is right the pcV(5) is nuts.. iv installed a couple.. i wish they had them for my bike!

i have the power comander pcIII on both my FI motors.. the 675 has been dyno tuned made alot more power than the other maps. online maps are junk.. anyone that says they can tune a bike using online maps(ie no dyno) are full of shit..

also. u can use whats called a "yosh box" to tune a gsxr stock ecu(we have a couple at work) .yamaha has sumthing out.. the triumph as a "tune boy" which they say is better than the power comander
Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Interesting, I wasn't aware of all those other units. It's safe to stick with something more widely used.

Yamaha has the YEC ecu which is strictly for racing unless you get a YEC flashed stock ecu, they are usually combined with a PCIII or Bazzaz.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Ok, so in dummy language, lol...
1. Get a PCIII that can tune my specific bike (06 ZX10R).

2. Don't map it from an online program.

3. Take it to someone with a dyno and have them do it.

Any leads on PCIII's for a good deal? Used, perhaps?? Also any recommendations for shops/person that can dyno it?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 93DOHC

Any leads on PCIII's for a good deal? Used, perhaps?? Also any recommendations for shops/person that can dyno it?
u can get one on ebay used or order online or by from a shop

we(redline in yorktown) have a dyno and tune bikes.. i wanna say its a $350 for a custom map.

i know steve works at a shop with a dyno as well.. iv only seen one bikes hes dyno tuned. and there were dead spots.. not shit talking. i think he also does it by the hour vs a set rate.

i know his HP number are way off.. i know the r6 he tuned put down more hp than my bike but the dyno sheet said other rise.. ????
Old 02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Originally Posted by 93DOHC

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

You can contact www.ridersdiscount.com for PCIII pricing, they have had the best pricing for parts that I've ordered. Call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817
Old 02-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Registered Member

Ok cool. Thanks for all the help, fellas!!

Quick Reply: Power Commander?