Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pictures from Road Atlanta (56k, GTFO)

Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Pictures from Road Atlanta (56k, GTFO)

i did friday - sunday with nesba down at road atlanta this past weekend. What a fucking blast. we got down there at 2:30am friday morning, and we were at the track by 7am. the moring sessions were pretty cold each day, actually saturday i only did 4 laps in the first session.

the bike did amazing and the track was effin sick. i met a guy at VIR last month and we met down in atlanta. vir was both of our first day's, and we both got bumped to intermediate that weekend, this was our first time in intermediate and a couple of the control riders mentioned we were top of our group. by the end of sunday we were both offered to move to advanced, but we decided we wanted to learn a few more tracks before jumping in with those guys. i dont have a lap timer, but a CR that was riding behind me ran a mid 1'39 behind me, which seemed to be a pretty decent pace. he said the middle to back half of advanced were running that pace that time of the day.

i had two close calls, but never had a get off. 1.) saturday morning coming down the straight into turn 10a i was outbreaking someone when i went into nuetral instead of second, i went ahead and went straight so that the guy woudlnt get cut off too bad. 2.) i was coming through turn 12 onto the front straight clicking into 5th gear doing every bit of 120mph. i ran it wide and got onto the curb. i was doing everything i could to get it back into the track and i ran off the curb into the grass... at 120mph.... i managed to get it back onto the track but the bike jumped back and forth and almost bucked me off. i stood off the seat and tried to hold the bars as straight as possible and she settled down. im convinced that if i didnt have a steering dampner id probably still be down in atlanta, and not by choice.

i was pretty happy with the way the bike did this weekend and i found a shit ton of speed on that track, although the bike was geared WAY too low for that track. i was riding the rev limiter down the back straight for literally i good 3 seconds. i have 143 pictures from Pics of You, these are just a few that i liked. ill upload all of them eventually, but the files are pretty big.

Last edited by onepointone; 04-10-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pictures from Road Atlanta (56k, GTFO)

ive never done crack, but i think its safe to say this is on the same addiction level...

Last edited by onepointone; 04-09-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

i still don't like your suit
Old 04-09-2007, 12:10 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by 93Eunos
i still don't like your suit

thread title should be changed to (56k and 93eunos can GTFO)
Old 04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

so how long have you been riding on the street? seem to be really hauling ass for your second time out

pictures are awesome
Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah dude...i don't know how you had your knee down on your first track day. granted it was 35 degrees on mine but still. i mean, they said advanced on your second day. nice! pics are sweet

how do you find the pics on picsofyou.com...i can't find any of the day i was at the track and they said they'd be up?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
so how long have you been riding on the street? seem to be really hauling ass for your second time out

pictures are awesome
ive been riding on the street for less than 3 years (since i was 18 almost 19, im 21 now). i rode somewhat 'spirited' on the street my first and second year, but nothing near like on track, im not 'that rider'. all last year i rode pretty calm, and a matter fact, i didnt even really ride that much from july till current. ive had the bike for over a year now and it only has 8k miles on it. i put 18,000 on my sv650s in a year in a half.

ever been to road atlanta? id like to run out with you and do a track day sometime this season, you interested?

all the pictures that i dont have my hoodie on, those were friday, my first day there. the ones with the black hoodie were from saturday or sunday. i did 2 days at VIR, and i did those 3 days at Road Atlanta. thats all i have on the track/

Originally Posted by seanazzy
yeah dude...i don't know how you had your knee down on your first track day. granted it was 35 degrees on mine but still. i mean, they said advanced on your second day. nice! pics are sweet

how do you find the pics on picsofyou.com...i can't find any of the day i was at the track and they said they'd be up?
man, it was 30 degrees in the morning sessions every day. it was cold as shit. i only did 4 laps on saturday morning because neither myself, nor my tires were functioning worth a shit. the morning session on sunday we were running a decent 1'45 pace which was decent. of course that dropped down the the 1'39 range by the end of the day. just need to take it easy the first couple laps to get some heat in the tires and brakes. also remember that your tires might have some heat, but the track is still cold as shit. dont focus on getting your knee down.. you focus so much on doing that, that you mess up your lines and what your doing on the track. the first time mine when down it scared the shit out of me because i wasnt expecting it... it just happened. especially in cold weather like that.. you dont want your tires sliding out on you and you cant react because your focused elsewhere. my first sessions i could feel my slicks sliding both front and rear around on the first couple laps, even with tire warmers...

the pictures.. i dont know if pics of you would have pictures from summit since they were at Atlanta. they may have more than one truck? it seemed like a small business though. im sure someone was there taking pictures though.

Last edited by onepointone; 04-09-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
ever been to road atlanta? id like to run out with you and do a track day sometime this season, you interested?
Yea that pretty much sounds just like how my riding history went up to your point as well

Never been to road atlanta at all, its one i really want to ride though, I'm probably going to be selling my bike soon and not sure what i'm going to get next but i can always take my track partner's R6 to do a day... let me know next time you do a day, even at VIR or wherever
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

looks good. I saw your bike behind whitlow the other day with slicks on it. I stopped and checked it out..looked dam good..
Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by 3xb18
looks good. I saw your bike behind whitlow the other day with slicks on it. I stopped and checked it out..looked dam good..
haha, yea that was me. im a tech for lexus. you know someone that works there?