Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pics from VIR South 7-7-07

Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pics from VIR South 7-7-07

Would've had some video of two badass sessions but something happened with the signal and it didn't record. I'm pretty pissed about it actually but the pics came out pretty good.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pics from VIR South 7-7-07

An obvious improvement just looking at those few pictures I'd say.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

the orange shirts mean new right?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Every group uses a different color shirt for their instructors and a different shirt for beginner riders so one track day organization's instructor color might be another organizations "watch out i'm new" color, but judging by the fact that they are all lined up together on the side I think they are instructors. But I'm sure Sean knows for sure.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
An obvious improvement just looking at those few pictures I'd say.
thanks man. i ordered the cd from picsof you since this day was such a turning point in track riding. the end of the second session i had my knee down for the first time and right at the start of the third session and throughout the day both knees were down in certain turns all over the track. it's exactly like you and everyone else says...it's just gonna happen and you won't be trying, it acts as a gauge and just makes everything so smooth. it could be that i'm getting more experience but my track days are spread out so i think it was the combination of experience, new tires (supercorsa pros), and also how smooth the track was. summit is so bumpy and patchy and this track is like butter. everything just flowed all day long. it was awesome.

and yep, orange shirts are control riders for nesba. i don't think i even knew some organizations do shirts for beginners.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Yea its not like a light bulb comes on in your head and one day you just switch on to being a super fast rider, you just pick up a second here and a second there, and gradually get more comfortable with experience and logging miles and thats the only way it will happen. Next thing you know you can run a pace half asleep that a few months ago you couldn't have dreamed of being able to do at your absolute limit. I think south course is really good to start on too because it has a little of everything, but its not too hard to ride and its not so long, so you can do lots of laps and really concentrate on one area you need to work on and keep hitting it over and over.

Yea most groups I've ridden with will at the rider's meeting in the morning offer different colored shirts, usually for beginner people, or people just starting out in a faster group that basically want to say "hey, give me some extra room".
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

I agree...South course is great to learn on for sure. Wish I could've done another day up there

What organizations did you ride w/ on the track?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Mostly Cornerspeed because I liked the people the best and they didn't over sell the days and I'd say its probably the fastest/best riders for the most part and a bit more racer oriented. Most people ride with multiple organizations but overall I found the quality of the Cornerspeed crowd to be the best if your trying to get fast, but of course you have to have taken their school to ride with them, which is totally worth it, but expensive the first time. I really really liked Sport Bike Track Time, really laid back group, the cheapest and again they didn't over sell spots, and well run, their beginner groups were completely unintimidating for newer riders but their advanced group is made up of plenty of real racers so good for people no matter what speed or what your goal is, but I think they have really if not completely cut back at VIR last season, haven't looked to see if they added more dates this year. Rode with Nesba a few times, their free intro half day is great for getting people to come with you and try the track thing out, and again some really good people but I'd have to agree with the only complaint I've ever heard about them, which is they allow a lot more people in each group so the track can get busy if its a popular day and time of the year, but I've ridden with them other times and not had it be any issue. And also tried Team Pro Motion and had a terrible experience as far as the way a large number of the members were riding, the way it was organized, a number of unsafe conditions, as well as problems with the people running it, I've talked to a lot of people who say they love riding with them, but I'd also have to say I've heard a lot more complaints about them than any other organization.

But pretty much any track time is a good time as I'm sure you well know, and I'd never limit myself to saying "I'll only ride with this group" or "I'll never ride with this group", but they each have something a little different to offer so I'd ride with everyone you can and see what group fits you the best.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

yeah i'd really like to do cornerspeed. i agree nesba can get some traffic. i'm still in beginner so for the most part, you can late brake everybody before turn in on certain turns to get around everyone but i'm sure a full group in intermediate and advanced can get pretty crazy.

i think team pro motion also does an 'intro type' session for free if i remember correctly...not positive though. i'd like to try them because i've seen they do the third track at summit right near me and nesba doesn't run on that one. i've been looking into sportbike tracktime too
Old 07-09-2007, 06:51 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

it was good finally meeting you man. the pictures look good, and a big improvement over the ones you posted from J/C a while back. sucks you couldnt hang out for sunday. that weekend was so fucking hot though. i went through a good 20-25 bottles of water, literally. im going to post some pictures tonight from pics of you. he got some really good ones of me.

did you not get any video? i have 2 sessions of video i need to edit. my camera mount got in my way, but the video turned out awesome.

advanced isnt bad at all on traffic. everyone is pretty much on the same level so it gets pretty spread out. on sunday there were some guys that had never been to the track before, so it was fun working through them, but other than that, its not bad on traffic. its also nice when someone goes way wide to be able to come up the inside of them in the turn instead of having to wait for them because you cant pass in the turns (in beginner).

there were sessions where i was getting bored and came in because i was out there by myself running balls to the wall with no one to be seen. its fun for a while, but you really take that traffic for granted.

Last edited by onepointone; 07-09-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Pics from VIR South 7-7-07