Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

To people with a motorcycle license...

Old 01-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall
Default To people with a motorcycle license...

I'm trying to get a motorcycle license sometime and just wanted to ask you guys a few questions. Where is the best place that you guys would recommend to take the rider safety course? I found one that they do at TCC, but are there any others? What all does the written part of the motorcycle exam consist of? Thanks in advance and I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

I took mine at tcc is was a fun weekend... There are no other classes other then Tcc.... As far as the written part just study the book. But thats the written part first and have it for about three months or so take the class at TCC. After you a done with the TCC class you can go get you license.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

2nd TCC
Old 01-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I took it at TCC as well. Excellant course. Then you just take your certificate to the dmv and they give you your license. Easy as can be.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by greygti
I took it at TCC as well. Excellant course. Then you just take your certificate to the dmv and they give you your license. Easy as can be.
Yep, no need for you to have your own bike or helmet, just take TNCC.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:10 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

I never took a course; except the safety course offered through the military so I could get base tags for my bikes.

I took the written and then took the riding exam at the Poplar Hall DMV off of Military back in 96. My riding portion was pretty tough; but I've heard from others that it all depends on who you get to give the exam and what kind of mood they are in.

I would recommend going while it's raining so the person won't want to venture outside. I've heard from a few that it works pretty well.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
www.DoDees.com

DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com DoDees.com

When i bought my bike i just drove up to Williamsburg DMV and took the test(No test Course). I just had to drive around the block.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Thanks guys I'll sign up for the course at tcc soon.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:49 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

You don't have to take the class at TCC or CNU. I went and took the written test (on computer) and got my learner's permit. After 30 days, I rode up to the Suffolk DMV and took the rode test. It was simple. It only took like 5 minutes.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 AM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tonka Toy
You don't have to take the class at TCC or CNU. I went and took the written test (on computer) and got my learner's permit. After 30 days, I rode up to the Suffolk DMV and took the rode test. It was simple. It only took like 5 minutes.
Like I said; the mood of the administrator giving the riding exam.

Mine was tough. Almost a full half an hour. But I've heard of some that never even made it outside.

....................stupid dmv...........................

Quick Reply: To people with a motorcycle license...