Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

PC question..

Old 05-16-2008, 10:01 PM
repping that gR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3
Default PC question..

a few weeks ago i bought a high mount Jardine exhaust and now i notice that i burn up some gas! like alot of gas.. will the PC fix this problem? i know when it was stock she would do alright on gas but now ever since i put the exhaust on its starting to be a problem.

thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Old N Slow :D

cobra671 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: PC question..

Only if you get it mapped correctly.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by cobra671
Even with a preset downloadable map you will get better gas mileage than what youre getting now but to optimize your investment, its always better to get it custom mapped to your bike/altitude etc.....
Old 05-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

Have you noticed yourself "getting on" the throttle more to hear your exhaust. That is a very common problem that people don't realize they do it be they leave there bike in lower gears and get on the gas a bit more and then wonder why there gas milage is worse. Is your exhaust a slip-on or full system. Because a slip-on really shouldn't effect you too much.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM
repping that gR

Originally Posted by cobra671
Originally Posted by Voodoo ST
Even with a preset downloadable map you will get better gas mileage than what youre getting now but to optimize your investment, its always better to get it custom mapped to your bike/altitude etc.....
ive heard from a few people at the bike shop i work at the the PC could even make it worse without the right tune.. with just a basemap its almost certain to burn more gas.. =( BUT with the right tune it could get better... idk.. im still thinking about getting one anyways. couldnt hurt.

Originally Posted by Robs750
Have you noticed yourself "getting on" the throttle more to hear your exhaust. That is a very common problem that people don't realize they do it be they leave there bike in lower gears and get on the gas a bit more and then wonder why there gas milage is worse. Is your exhaust a slip-on or full system. Because a slip-on really shouldn't effect you too much.
lol. i did this for the first few days of it being on.. really i cant tell a big difference in sound. it is a race baffle too but idk? maybe its b/c its behind me but?? but yeah the first few days after i put it on i burned MAD gas b/c of me getting on it.. ive calmed down with it and thats when i noticed it running through tanks. hopefully a PC can help this..

i really dont even want to buy it this b/c i want to get a 1000cc next season. IDK?!?!?!?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

You, should just sit down and really think.

PCIII for your bike is about 250-350ish, Then you can use this map M108-011 which is for use with Jardine RT-One "high mount" slip-on exhaust and stock or K&N air filter, which might help. Or you could spend some cash for a fully custom map.

You say you want to go to 1000 next season, you could ride as is and just get a 1000 and be happy.

I honestly would just wait and get the 1000, and be happy. and prob save some cash until you get what you really want.

Why spend that kind of money if your going to upgrade.

How bad can it be. just one more riding season.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 PM
repping that gR

true.. im just thinking the price of gas and how much im buring it.. plus if i get the PC with the exhaust ill should be able to add a few dollars onto the sale.. idk.. ill prob just wait it out..

thanks homie
Old 05-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Don Juan
true.. im just thinking the price of gas and how much im buring it.. plus if i get the PC with the exhaust ill should be able to add a few dollars onto the sale.. idk.. ill prob just wait it out..

thanks homie
True, do you have the stock one. if so just put it back on for now save gas/money then when you sell it, be like i have an extra slip-on as well. or something like that.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
repping that gR

true. i was thinkin about doing that.