Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

? for parents and people who ride dirt

Old 01-23-2005, 06:09 PM
On One Wheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprayedcivic has disabled reputation
Default ? for parents and people who ride dirt

For a few years now i have wanted to open a shop specializing in mini motos
(50-100cc dirt bikes) the ? i have is do you think i would have enough business between locals and a little internet to make it work?
i am in the middle of talking with polini and cobra about becoming dealers for them (would also like to carry ktm) but since i can no longer race i have always thought it would be fun to coach and help younger children get involved in the sport i would just like everones opinion on if you thought it would back fire on me or not?
Eventually i would also like to get involved in the mini street bikes(not the pep boys shit) but the real itialian bikes...

I figured with my 17plus years of racing and working on them i could be fairly succesful not to mention no one around here carries these brands and it would not be that hard to match or beat anyones prices on simialer models
(crf 50- kx 65 and so on)
Old 01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ? for parents and people who ride dirt

Talk to Vance he's got a bunch kids riding out in Gloucester. U know the old airfield out there, u could build a mini track out there Where u thinkin of opening a shop? OBTW where in the hell have u been??? How's your stand up wheeling goin, LOL

Last edited by R1Buttercup; 01-24-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:45 PM
On One Wheel

ive been good but i was looking into opening in gloucester or yorktown and my family own's alot land(300 acres) up near saluda(middlesex county) i figured it could be something i would enjoy doing and also help kinda steer some kids and keep some kids on the right path as far as staying out of trouble plus it would give them goals and confidence and all that good stuff...
Old 01-23-2005, 07:46 PM
On One Wheel

oh and as far as were have i been i just bough a house so i have been busy remodeling it and getting it ready to move into
Old 01-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

locally no i dont think you'd be able to get enough business to make it worth it, you'd have to rely on the internet, which luckily makes it a fairly riskless venture since you would need very little capital to get started... i'd start selling parts on ebay and getting to know people on mini moto boards and build a reputation
Old 01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

I agree it would be tough to make a profitable business out of mini motors on a local level. Del makes a good point of building a strong online business with low overhead to get started and once you've built a reputation look into opening a storefront if you think there's enough business to support it.

I'd figure out exactly what you can/will stock, get your potential suppliers worked out, develop a strong website with a payment portal, and start doing some sales on ebay and doing inexpensive advertising on forum boards with the ability to sell direct through your site.