Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Non titled bike

Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default Re: Non titled bike

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
if you do this OP, you are really fucking stupid.
2nd'd
Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

I lost the title of my truck, went to the dmv, showed my license and registration of the vehicle...she printed it up and i was outta there. . .so easy to do. So if there seems to be an issue with him trying to tell you that he just wants to write a bill of sale then something is def wrong...
Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I almost bought a cheap GS500 off Craigslist recently (hope it's not the one you're after) and the dude said he bought it from a towing company and "had the receipt, and the towing company told him that he can get a title since he has the receipt". He was only asking like $1200 for it and I told him I'd buy it ASAP if he got the title, to which he responded "No way, if I get the title myself, price is going up to $3k." So it obviously was something shady going on.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Drive anyway, fuck the police you're on a motorbike
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

99% chance the bike is stolen and they wont to swap a hot bike with a legit one. you probably would get a BOS with a fake name and number.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I almost bought a cheap GS500 off Craigslist recently (hope it's not the one you're after) and the dude said he bought it from a towing company and "had the receipt, and the towing company told him that he can get a title since he has the receipt". He was only asking like $1200 for it and I told him I'd buy it ASAP if he got the title, to which he responded "No way, if I get the title myself, price is going up to $3k." So it obviously was something shady going on.
I would be the same way. He is selling it cheap because he doesn't want to go through the trouble of getting the title. If he gets the title.. he will sell the bike for what its worth. That is like finding a wrecked car for $1000 and telling the owner. "If you fix what is wrong with it... I will buy it for $1000." Of coarse they are not going to sell if for $1000 if they have to go through all the trouble of fixing it. They are selling it cheap cause they don't want to deal with it.

Originally Posted by boredom
99% chance the bike is stolen and they wont to swap a hot bike with a legit one. you probably would get a BOS with a fake name and number.

With bikes.. that is not always the case... you get a lot of military in the area.. that wreck a bike and can't afford to fix it. So they sell the bike without a title because they still owe money on it. From that point on... the title is "lost". I dont assume that somebody is dumb enough to list a "stolen" bike publicly. Usually, its the people trying to sell a bike through word of mouth for dirt cheap when there is nothing wrong with it. Then the bike is usually stolen.

I purchased 15 motorcycles last season. 6 of which did not have titles. I have since gotten titles for 4 of them. I have 2 that I dont have titles for. (one is going to be a salvaged title when I finish putting it back together, the other is a "lost" title... which I dont want to try and get a title for. I am tired of jumping through the hoops of getting titles. Everybody jumps to the "its stolen thing". It is not always the case.

Is it a pain in the ass? ABSOLUTELY! Would I suggest that you do it? NO... If you have no idea what your getting into... I wouldn't, if I were you.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:28 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i process cars/bikes etc thru my shop all the time...its easy for us..i buy cars and shit without titles all the time...

lately they all have had title loans on them...but they usually wont come pick up either so it still becomes mine
Old 01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by nftuatn
i process cars/bikes etc thru my shop all the time...its easy for us..i buy cars and shit without titles all the time...

lately they all have had title loans on them...but they usually wont come pick up either so it still becomes mine
title loan companies are fun to deal with. Had one left on the lot for six months, found the RO and got the same bullshit story about wanting to get the work done and make payments, etc. DMV showed a title loan company as a lien holder, they came on my lot to try to take it. With open charges (and storage). Actually thought they could trump my mechanics lien on it lol. Hotheaded repo driver thought he was a badass cause he had a 9mm, saw my Judge and got back in his truck. County cop showed up and told him to leave before he charged him with brandishing too.

needless to say I kept the car (98 Breeze with a blown engine, only got 300 out of scrap on it but it was better than nothing).

But yeah.....If the guy is having to get something notarized there is a problem.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped

just make sure if he does get the titled he doesnt jew you and give you a salvaged title
Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Banned

JasperSharp has disabled reputation

BELIEVE what I am writing to you here! PRESTONE CANNOT BE USED IN THIS ENGINE!!!! D A N G E R ! ! !