Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

ninja 500r aftermarket?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default ninja 500r aftermarket?

Anyone have any idea of where I could find a website that sells aftermarket parts for a kawasaki ninja 500r? (ex: exhaust, Air Filter, Turbo Kits{lol!})
Old 12-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: ninja 500r aftermarket?

www.kneedraggers.com www.tricktape.com should have some stuff, i know there are things out there for it
Old 12-02-2005, 07:18 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

jus curious, but y r u going to upgrade a 500? i would think it would be more cost effective to go with a 600 at least and then upgrade that.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

http://www.whaccessories.com/

http://streetfighters-usa.com/store/kawasaki_ex500.html

http://www.classicbikes.com/sarachu.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...spagenameZWD1V
Old 12-02-2005, 03:48 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Im trying to scoop a 500 is my first bike sometime next year. Before the riding season begins. Its like a great 1st bike.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Ok I have several questions. But first id like to thank yall for the links there very helpful. For the guy who was curious on why i wanted to upgrade a 500r. Well i always like to make the underdogs fast, i do the same with cars and jetski's . And for the guy who is getting a 500r for his first bike, good choice man. But back to the real reason why I am posting again. All the links said 500ex.. now is this any different for parts wise with the 500r? and all the links really only covered exhaust upgrades? (btw how much hp does that ussually add on a bike) I mean what else is there to upgrade on a bike, and could someone give me a website that is all about ninja and probably has more aftermarket parts for a 500r, i tried everywhere..but my main concern is that is a 500r and 500ex compatible?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:46 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Stea1thy
jus curious, but y r u going to upgrade a 500? i would think it would be more cost effective to go with a 600 at least and then upgrade that.
in all honesty, you could use that same argument with a 600.. or a 750.. or a 1000... you know? or a 1300.. "why bother with a 1300 when you could have a turbo 1300?" - - "why bother with a turbo 1300 when you could do turbo AND nitrous?"
Old 12-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bustadust
Ok I have several questions. But first id like to thank yall for the links there very helpful. For the guy who was curious on why i wanted to upgrade a 500r. Well i always like to make the underdogs fast, i do the same with cars and jetski's . And for the guy who is getting a 500r for his first bike, good choice man. But back to the real reason why I am posting again. All the links said 500ex.. now is this any different for parts wise with the 500r? and all the links really only covered exhaust upgrades? (btw how much hp does that ussually add on a bike) I mean what else is there to upgrade on a bike, and could someone give me a website that is all about ninja and probably has more aftermarket parts for a 500r, i tried everywhere..but my main concern is that is a 500r and 500ex compatible?
i hear you completely, its more fun to ride a 500 to 90% of its potential than it is to ride a 100 to 40% of its potential... my friend has a 500 ninja with all kinds of stuff done to it and that thing is an absolute blast to ride... as far as i know the 500r and 500ex are the same bike... i think the usual stuff on a 500 are exhaust, usually muzzy full system, individual k&n pod filters to replace the air box, and a jet kit
Old 12-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bustadust

500r and 500ex are pretty much the same from start to end of the production run. There's small changes but its mostly all the same. Check out http://forums.13x.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=12 as there's a lot of people that race ex500's. Best bet would be to check out the for sale section and see what parts people are running on their bikes that are for sale.....that or do some searches. There isn't a huge aftermarket for the 500 but most of the racers adapt parts from other bikes to put on their 500's. A lot of the stuff is bolt on and the rest takes a little custom work to get on there. You also might be able to find some parts for sale on there. I hear you guys about the little bikes being a ton of fun. My zx6r is fast and fun but its my third favorite bike to ride after my drz400sm and my neighbor's hawk gt 650. Luckily the 6r is the only one thats good at higher speed commuting, long rides, and 2 up riding or it would have been sold by now

there might be a couple of things on kawiforums.com as well

here's an example of a bike for sale on wera.com. Lots of ideas for things you can do

EX includes:
clear title
97 stock motor w/2700 street miles & 5 race weekends
F3 frontend
ZX-6 polished swingarm
F3 rear wheel w/captive spacers
Fox Twin-clicker shock
braided brake lines
steering damper
CFM rearsets
Pro-Flo clip-ons
DID X-ring chain
new sprockets/extra gearing/spare front discs
Airtech race bodywork
full Muzzy exhaust
Old 12-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Thanks alot guys, is there like a motorcycle guru that can make turbo kits for any bike? Sort of like how they have Custom Car Care for Nissans and Hondas(brady). Becuase i think it would be so sick to have something different, becuase im sure not alot of guys have a turbo 500r ninja! 2006 BTW thanks for all da help, cant wait to get into the motorcyle crowd this summer yall seem to roll deep with each other, lol

Quick Reply: ninja 500r aftermarket?