VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   new rider looking for more friends (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/new-rider-looking-more-friends-482311/)

chevymatt95 03-15-2014 11:38 PM

new rider looking for more friends

New rider just got my license been riding for almost a year now and am looking for some more sportbike riders out there right now the only person I ride with has a goldwing and would like to branch out to people who hit the turns a little harder but not too hard as I'm not that experienced pm me or reply to thread

Yardjass 03-16-2014 05:13 AM

Re: new rider looking for more friends

Originally Posted by chevymatt95 (Post 8271539)
New rider just got my license been riding for almost a year now and am looking for some more sportbike riders out there right now the only person I ride with has a goldwing and would like to branch out to people who hit the turns a little harder but not too hard as I'm not that experienced pm me or reply to thread

Do you know what a period is or should I just assume you own Hondas?

JacKal 03-16-2014 06:42 AM

This guy is going to be a grease spot in no time. Do your self a favor kiddo
Stick to revving it on the strip in vabeach. "Hitting the turns a little harder" on your bike is no place for a novice.

chevymatt95 03-16-2014 07:59 AM

Period? Honda's? Never will I own a Honda? And I guess there is no distinct measurement when you say a little harder not even close to knee dragging out anything I know my limits and try to be the most cautious of all riders

Reasons I never pay on forums is I always get attacked the second I post something

chevymatt95 03-16-2014 08:00 AM

Post*
And am actually going out riding with him right now

Hooch 03-16-2014 08:44 AM

edit: Scratch that, i just wrote a big ol speech about how you could improve your riding and then had sudden second thoughts and deleted the whole fucking novel i just typed for you. Most likely nothing i had to say was practical advice for you. Not to say it wasn`t factual i just feel like it would lead to your inevitable death.

so let me try this again...(revised)

>Stop trying to ride with packs of crotch rockets....this is when dumb shit happens. People start trying to sling their dicks around and before you know it you`re dragged into a pissing match and trying to force yourself into a pace that you ARE NOT prepared for!
>People are more likely to act foolish when in groups like this...go ahead go on a group ride you`ll see.
>Stop trying to get more lean angle, enjoy the damn bike for what it is. It`s already bad enough you picked up a sport bike to get your license with.....the single most common mistake of squids next to not wearing gear.
(i started to explain how you could improve lean and then quickly decided to delete it all)
>You wanna scrape knees? Pay to play and trailer your ass a few hours to a track day where instructors can teach you proper riding habits such as foot position, throttle control and what it will do for you. Or get creamed by treyvana in a Camry. Choice is yours.

Va is #1 in the country for motorcycle deaths, i`ve been hit twice in the past 2 years and learned all this shit the hard way.

Yardjass 03-16-2014 09:01 AM

^^^^^ This. Heed all of this gentleman's advice and it could save your life. Also, learning proper sentence structure could be helpful in reducing the amount of bashing that you experience online. And now we're at the part where you either listen to us or you don't and end up getting roasted on darg and then going out and sliding your bike into a tractor trailer. Your move, hoss.

DOOM 03-16-2014 11:30 AM

Op fuck these haters breh, its all about doing wheelies and revving the fuck out your bike at stoplights. :cool:

Hooch 03-16-2014 12:06 PM

I can only hope that one day I too may ascend to such an expert tier of riding skill as that.

I often spend my afternoons daydreaming of road rash and paralysis.

DOOM 03-16-2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hooch (Post 8271632)
I can only hope that one day I too may ascend to such an expert tier of riding skill as that.

I often spend my afternoons daydreaming of road rash and paralysis.

:D

and fuck riding gear, flip flops and t-shirts

Yardjass 03-16-2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by DOOM (Post 8271647)
:D

and fuck riding gear, flip flops and t-shirts

Fuck helmets too breh. That's what your skull is for.

PicovAndropov 03-16-2014 03:02 PM

I ride in a mankini thong... Bitch!

Blown 03-16-2014 03:13 PM

Assless chaps for me while I'm doing sweet stoppies

chevymatt95 03-16-2014 08:28 PM

Still don't feel y'all understand me I understand what y'all are saying and take every bit of advice and thank you for it BTW i always wear all my gear everytime and choose the people I ride with carefully not idiots who are going to get people killed my friends always trying to get me to Rev my bike and do wheelies all the time but I'm not a fan of all that stuff I just want to enjoy my beautiful bike that I worked hard to get

Sorry for sentence structure didn't know it was that important

And once again thanks for the advice I've heard the same things a million times but some advice is better than none I suppose

JacKal 03-16-2014 11:33 PM

Trust hooch the dudes right on point. That exact spiel he just gave you is exactly why we hate when noobs post about cock rockets.
It always goes the same way they argue, we chastise try to reason, they get Butthurt, we read an article a few weeks later about them dying/getting their dickhole smashed in. It is what it is.

As for a pack sorry bud you're dead wrong. Experienced riders like hooch, myself, and a few ithers lurking around here
1. Don't ride with noobs because wheelie, stoppir, rev to 17k
2. You can't keep up at a moderate pace. You fall behind or almost die.
3. The image that's out there when you ride in a group is one experienced responsible riders don't want to be associated with.

Argue all you want, rationalize, dim your eyes. Makes no difference to us.
Good luck! Buy good gear. Wear it.

Hooch 03-17-2014 09:30 AM

Sent him a link of "Twist of the wrist II"

I feel like this is the best i can do here...

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 01:26 PM

I have been riding for a year obviously still not experienced as most people but can handle myself I ride everyday so everyday is one step better and one day closet to being able to full throttle my r6 without pissing myself

JacKal 03-17-2014 04:43 PM

Lol at pissing himself full throttle on an R6! like I said you asked, we answered.
And all you've done since is reinforce why we think this way.

*edit looked at his profile he's 19...
Keep telling yourself "you're better than all the other squids and that you aren't dumb you'll be just fine" you rationalize all the way in a hospital bed killa... Go pay for professional training

/thread

TATTRAT 03-17-2014 05:01 PM

IBOPKILLSHIMSELFHITTINGALIGHTPOLE

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 05:03 PM

Why pay when I got you guys? :P no but hooch showed me the twist of the wrist video and it taught me a lot I didn't understand now need to practice since I can fully understand why it happens and I'm going to watch it everyday this week so it really sets in

I did when I was riding have one turn where I was like that was heaven I had gotten low (quite low for me) and the turn felt perfect I guess I don't know how to explain it but I didn't have to fight the bike at all

Other than that my main problem is being choppy with the throttle other things I'll check on and make sure I'm doing right as well before I hit the curves any harder

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 05:06 PM

And hey if you've ridden an 06+ r6 around 14k it gets pretty frightening

JacKal 03-17-2014 05:11 PM

Don't get complacent that's the biggest mistake I see these days. Your evolve from being scared to confident.
And then you relax a little and embed that pretty little bike if yours in someone's door/trunk. A very close childhood friend of mine a veteran rider was killed last year. Obeying all the laws, wearing his gear. One night a Lady pulled out in front of him without her lights on in Texas. He hit her around 55mph. He had ridden countless hours done many an event and was probably one of the most responsible cars I knew on two wheels.

VA drivers don't see anything. I sold my bike after about six months of riding on 64. I got merged over on several times and people constantly pulled into my lane with zero give a fuck.

Originally Posted by chevymatt95 (Post 8271991)
And hey if you've ridden an 06+ r6 around 14k it gets pretty frightening

Eh? Lol Try a 160+hp repsol 1000RR it screams like an r6 does at 14 all the way thru 1-5
Matter of fact scratch that don't try it ;)

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 05:16 PM

Sperry about your friend and I try to remember never to get cocky and ride with the rule of thumb that I am invisible some things like a driver pulling out you can't really help just that they're not a complete moron once again sorry about that I hope I never go down even though I know it'll be inevitable with nowadays drivers

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 05:18 PM

Try a BMW s1000rr national endurance bike... yeah I didn't even half throttle that thing plus coworker probably would have killed me if the bike didn't XD

TATTRAT 03-17-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by chevymatt95 (Post 8271995)
Try a BMW s1000rr national endurance bike... yeah I didn't even half throttle that thing plus coworker probably would have killed me if the bike didn't XD

You really are stupid, aren't you?

Yardjass 03-17-2014 06:12 PM

:popcorn:

chevymatt95 03-17-2014 06:21 PM

???

Roxtar 03-18-2014 04:39 AM

you've got a year of experience and jumped on a friend's liter bike.

that action is dumb as hell.

JacKal 03-18-2014 05:34 AM

I had 5 years under my belt before I got my liter bike. I can honestly say I never broke 80mph off a track (Tx speed limit is 75)
You're already headed for disaster bro. Seriously if we wanted to see you become one with steel it asphalt we would encourage you.
You've already displayed several characteristics of a doomed path.

And gtfo with a s1000 that repsol was too much. My boy rode it a few months when I bought my Harley. He weighs 285 that thing about peeled him off it at full throttle every time. I weigh 170.
All the power of a faggot ass busa but I could still turn.

chevymatt95 03-18-2014 12:38 PM

May have been dumb but if your responsible and understand that it will kill you if your not easy with it then fine hurray learn your friction zone get a feel for it and just ride up the street and back a couple times

Bridge Dweller 03-21-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by chevymatt95 (Post 8271768)
Still don't feel y'all understand me I understand what y'all are saying and take every bit of advice and thank you for it BTW i always wear all my gear everytime and choose the people I ride with carefully not idiots who are going to get people killed my friends always trying to get me to Rev my bike and do wheelies all the time but I'm not a fan of all that stuff I just want to enjoy my beautiful bike that I worked hard to get

Sorry for sentence structure didn't know it was that important

And once again thanks for the advice I've heard the same things a million times but some advice is better than none I suppose

:facepalm: I don't like to unnecessarily serve up harshbrowns, but you are really making it difficult for me not to. You have acknowledged the sentence structure issue, yet you have done nothing to improve it. Stay in school kid.

Troy T8 06-10-2014 01:05 PM

If you really want to work on your turns and getting down go to a parking lot with about 5 cones set them in a circle and go around them at low speed getting lower and working bodyposition. Then you won't get hit by a car and if you fall over it is at low speed and you won't die or whatever else. en invest in a good set of boots and go to a track (you can rent a suit). It is about $200 but it is well worth it and you will have a better understanding of what you can do and what your bike is capable of. Also if you do decide to venture on a group ride learn the fucking hand signals and ride at the back.

Yardjass 06-10-2014 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Troy T8 (Post 8293365)
If you really want to work on your turns and getting down go to a parking lot with about 5 cones set them in a circle and go around them at low speed getting lower and working bodyposition. Then you won't get hit by a car and if you fall over it is at low speed and you won't die or whatever else. en invest in a good set of boots and go to a track (you can rent a suit). It is about $200 but it is well worth it and you will have a better understanding of what you can do and what your bike is capable of. Also if you do decide to venture on a group ride learn the fucking hand signals and ride at the back.

Lulz. Too late. This was posted months ago and he has already laid his bike down and ended up against a concrete barrier looking like a scrambled egg.

Troy T8 06-10-2014 03:50 PM

Damn! Well that sucks. Haha well we tried. Squids tend to flop around on the ground anyways.