Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New rider help pls....

Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElChicho has disabled reputation
Default New rider help pls....

Bought a 2008 Yamaha R6

Needs: Lowering link installed(I olready have it), front needs to be lowered, and i need a good place to paint my fairings. Color i want is "Pearl White". The fairings are off the bike for now and its not rideable do to that. My location is Newport News any local shops around? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: New rider help pls....

Learn to ride before you do all this stuff to it. Especially painting it if your a new rider, very possibly will be a waste of money because there is a large chance you will drop the bike as some point.

Take MSF, buy riding gear, put a couple thousand miles on the bike, then start chaning it to your liking.

Are you, erm, vertically challenged? If not, you realize lowering the bike front and back will decrease turning capabilities?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
goggles do nothing

goosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud of

dude, f what he says. lower bike = less distance from the ground when you fall. be smart and slam that bitch
srsly
its what the pros do
Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by goosane
dude, f what he says. lower bike = less distance from the ground when you fall. be smart and slam that bitch
srsly
its what the pros do
saaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaat?

pros?.. as in drag racing pros maybe.. road racing no.

i would get a set of sliders if your gonna get fresh paint.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

OP- you are better off seeking advice from a good motorcycle forum. Even though the 2nd post is joking, at least I hope he is because nobody can be that fucking stupid.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
You know how I know?

broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch

Yeaaa... definitely don't listen to the second post. The lower the bike, the less lean you'll be capable of accomplishing.

Plus 1 on the frame sliders, handlebar end caps will do some good as well, that's if you have stock levers that are long as hell. (please don't get the ones that are pointed... self explanatory )

Paint plus body work is cool, I'm sure you'll be extra careful after you drop all that cash. At least I hope, haha.

Good luck
Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I would invest money in gear, riding courses instead.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 AM
goggles do nothing

goosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rollingstock
saaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaat?

pros?.. as in drag racing pros maybe.. road racing no.

i would get a set of sliders if your gonna get fresh paint.
joking dude
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

ElChicho has disabled reputation

I took the safety course before i purchased my bike, got icon safety gear. Its now lowered 3" Only reason i did that is because i stand 5'4"... Street FX in Tidewater Chesapeake is finishing up my fairings on Monday. Ill post some pics ASAP. Now on the sliders i know i need them it'll be my next purchase.
Pointed bar ends, I know what your talking about and im not a fan of flashy bikes not my style.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

outtatime703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't lower the bike it noticeably changes the handling of the bike. I know from personal experience. I'm about your height and ride a cbr1000. I can "walk" the bike decently with one leg. It is a lot tougher to ride since we cannot flat foot but getting in as much riding time in as possible in parking lots and less traffic prone areas will make you a much better rider.

Quick Reply: New rider help pls....