Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New here and hope to stay.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud of
Default New here and hope to stay.

Just recently bought a new bike, an 05 kawasaki zzr600. Never ridden before, just recently finished the MSF course. Got new gear in last week and I have been riding around. Been practicing emergency stops and u turns at the TCC parking lot. I was loving the experience up until Thursday....a driver coming behind me at a very high rate of speed tried to pass me and cut me off, I was coming to a stop at the light....blipped the brakes a few times to get him to slow down but he decided to move around and cut me off. His rear bumper hit my front tire and that was it for me....luckily I was moving slow enough that the bike didn't slide just fell over. my knee hit the ground 1st then my elbows. Fortunately my gear had armor and I wasn't hurt to bad just a little bruised. Cops came...he got wreckless ticket and now I'm waiting for the insurance adjuster to call me. A little shooken up but, still can't wait to get back on. All that in my 1st week of riding. Gear still in excellent shape not a mark and I'm ok so im happy

P.S.
On the waving to other rider subject, I've noticed that some people wave and some don't. So what is the deal? Do I just wave at everyone or wait till they wave 1st? I dunno just been sticking my hand out at every rider, they can wave back or not Well hope to maybe ride with some of ya.

Last edited by tech0937; 09-05-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: New here and hope to stay.

I wave at everyone.. If they don't wave back then that's on them. Don't get your feelings hurt though, you'll get a lot of guys that don't wave back.

Good luck with riding and just remember to take everything at your own pace. Do what you're comfortable with and work your way up to where you want to be. They are a lot of fun, but they can get the best of you real quick.

Welcome to the forum, ride safe and wear your gear.. We've lost too many fellow riders already this year.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

painterballer has disabled reputation

hey there! wow thats def an exciting way to start riding, good thing you were wearing your gear, hopefully everything works out with your insurance. keep the shining side up
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM

tech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud of

yeah I hope so too the guy's insurance seemed cool, the adjuster is suppose to call me next week. I should of picked up riding a long time ago .
Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

I think I would have flipped out on that guy after I got up. But thumbs up to you wearing your gear. Hope to join the rest of you riders soon.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:47 PM

almost did my friend.......I almost did. But tried to be level headed and responsible......But I almost did........
Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like you're off to a good start really. if you are paying attention like that already, you have a lot going for you. a yes, you should have been riding a long time ago. you just don't know what fun you're missing until you get out there.

wear the gear and ride safe. hopefully, ill be back on 2 to ride with everyone soon.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Thanks its been fun riding so far, I try to keep my eyes peeled for dangers. I also had a few close calls with drivers on their cell phones so I'm a little leary.....gear gets hot but it saved my joints hehehe I've made it a point now to always have gear on when riding. Guess I can take this lesson with me the rest of my riding career. this was a good 1st lesson since it just re affirms the fact that you should ALWAYS wear gear. Cause honestly...even though it was low speed and not too bad of a fall, I still felt the impact on my knees and elbow even with the armor. I can only imagine what it would of been like without..... (shudders)

Last edited by tech0937; 09-05-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

always wear the gear bro. if i had been smarter a year ago, i would'nt have a road rash scars all over my upper body as well a messed up ankle(broke it when i wrecked). lost it in a wheelie at 80+ with jeans and a sweatshirt only. believe the sweat is EASY!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:37 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

welcome man! im just as new as you are! havent been able to get into a class yet but been practicing some up and down my street. i just got my permit yesterday and in the midst of getting gear. i have no clue why i waited so long either to start riding its a blast.

Quick Reply: New here and hope to stay.