Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New goodies today...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default New goodies today...

So I finally got my bar end situation straightened out today. My new replacements came this afternoon and I put them on, after dealing with a stripped allen head. That was a pain in the ass! Anyway, they are the Motovation weighted bar ends. I opted for the black powdercoated version. The first ones they sent me unfortunately had chipped powdercoat and I never even took them out of the plastic. Motovation was great to deal with! They emailed me a PDF for FedEx that I printed out and shipped the pieces back to them on their dime with. As soon as Kevin received my bad ones, he sent a pair out for me that he personally inspected first. Really happy with the service! He kept me updated throughout the whole process and emailed me to make sure everything was okay when he saw that they were delivered, before I even realized they were delivered.

Next up, I got some new tires on today. I opted for the standard Pilot Powers. I think the 2CT's are great, but the regular PeePee's will be perfect for me as it is. I was also considering the Metzler M3's but there was a somewhat considerable price difference at the shop. I'll try those next, but for now the Pilot Powers feel GREAT! The bike is so much more flickable now and it just WANTS to lay over when you throw your weight around. I can't believe it made that much of a difference on this bike!

In the last week or so I went ahead and put on my fender kit (fenderkit.com), which has the three built in LED tag lights. Looks good! I bolted up some LED short stalks to the fender kit for the time being, and I'm hoping the UFO tail light is released in the near future. They should have put that damn thing out two or three years ago!!! Since I did the fender eliminator, I had to grind off and smooth down the welds and brackets on the muffler where the fender was attached to. I smoothed it all down, and painted the bottom of the muffler black with high temp paint. I finally got around to putting my spools on, and will do the frame sliders (yes, I've had them for a year and still haven't installed) tomorrow probably.

I think it's coming along pretty well finally! I got a lot of the things from my girlfriend for Christmas but haven't had the time to deal with it. I'm ordering some gold/bronze Pazzo shorties tomorrow.

BTW, in the picture of my tires, LEAVE ME ALONE! I have maybe 10 miles on them so far. I'll worry about edging them over when I get some mileage on them.

(I thought I could attach some more pictures of the bike but I'm going to have to upload them)
Attached Thumbnails New goodies today...-image052.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: New goodies today...

Mods are sweet. Do you plan on getting gold levers with a different colored adjuster? If so, take into consideration that the gold doesn't match the gold on the fork tube well. I'm glad I went with black levers with gold adjusters.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Corey
Mods are sweet. Do you plan on getting gold levers with a different colored adjuster? If so, take into consideration that the gold doesn't match the gold on the fork tube well. I'm glad I went with black levers with gold adjusters.
Supposedly it's a close match on the '05/06 636, but I don't know.. That's what I was planning on doing.

I could go with black, but I really wanted some contrast. Black would flow well with everything, but that's the point of the gold--to break up the black and blue a little bit. I have a lot of gold accents.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM
EuRAsIa

BoostedRex has disabled reputation

I just got the 2CT's for my bike...and wow it made a huge difference
Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Supposedly it's a close match on the '05/06 636, but I don't know.. That's what I was planning on doing.

I could go with black, but I really wanted some contrast. Black would flow well with everything, but that's the point of the gold--to break up the black and blue a little bit. I have a lot of gold accents.
The gold is always a different shade everytime they make it.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

The gold is always a different shade everytime they make it.
stop raining on my fucking parade
Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Haha. Just warning ya. I'd hate to see you spend $150+ and be unhappy.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
wub wub wub wub

Haha. Just warning ya. I'd hate to see you spend $150+ and be unhappy.
It's like $145 shipped.

I still think I'm going to take my chances. People on Kawiforums seem to have pretty close matches. I was also considering the CRG's, but the price difference is about $50 + s/h, and right now that's a big difference for me.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 AM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

They match Kawasaki's damn well. A guy at my work has them and I was suprised how well they looked. You'll have no problems.