Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New to bikes, checking out the KTM Duke 390. Anyone rode/own one? Pros? Cons?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240 has disabled reputation
Default New to bikes, checking out the KTM Duke 390. Anyone rode/own one? Pros? Cons?

Like I said in title, new to bikes. Been into cars for years and I just got a decent paying job and I'd like to get into riding. I've been looking around and this new KTM bike caught my eye. I honestly never knew they made motorcycles, I thought they were just in the dirtbike game. But from what I can tell the specs on it are pretty awesome and I love the way naked bikes look. Anybody had an experiences with one?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:15 AM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones
Default Re: New to bikes, checking out the KTM Duke 390. Anyone rode/own one? Pros? Cons?

DRZ400sm or WR250x. Doesn't matter if you've never ridden a bike before in your life, or been racing for 20 years, you'll still have endless fun on them.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:15 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: New to bikes, checking out the KTM Duke 390. Anyone rode/own one? Pros? Cons?

Head over to advrider.com and read to your heart's content.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...ke-390.836589/
Old 08-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

240 has disabled reputation

Buddy of mine said I should check out dual sports. Probably makes sense because I live in downtown RVA. Thanks!

edit: I'm also balls deep in this thread on the Duke. interesting that it's indian made it still sounds like a nice bike. Dunno if I'm gonna find a used one anytime soon though lol. Not really looking to learn on a new bike and potentially drop it and ruin its value
Old 08-13-2015, 11:27 AM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

They are nice bikes, but you can spend half what they cost and have more fun with a bike that doesn't care if you drop it, its a fucking dirt bike, its made to fall over. But if you're willing to spend new bike money, the KTM 500exc is an AWESOME bike, plus its still orange