Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New bike pics

Old 03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default New bike pics

Pics of the new bike love or hate the tail and exhaust, i luckily love both, hopefully get it broken in real soon now that the weather is starting to get better... it sits crazy low for a stock bike and the seat is so narrow you have plenty of room to flat foot it, suspension is pretty plush, all the actions feel really smooth and the gear position indicator is awesome

also some pics of the track bike, it did awesome around VIR this past weekend, although i think i understand what alot of guys with this bike are saying about the brakes being a bit weak, blew turn four 5 times coming in probably 25 mph slower than i would be on the 1000, but still a sweet riding machine... first time on real track tires, the new dual compound soft/medium/soft michelin power races and they definetly had more grip than i had trust in them, but didn't see any sense in pushing it too far and binning the bike first track day of the year

Old 03-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New bike pics

Looks good, don't really like the front shot though. Mirrors look kinda goofy and I prefer the 03 headlight. I'm sure it looks better in person though.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 PM
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

wow that's one soft looking tire, ate that thing up man
Old 03-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320

Anyone else hungry for chicken strips?

Looks good Bret. Im not a fan of the fart can, but the tail looks fine as well as the rest of the bike. I like the '03 headlights better too, but the more i look at it , its begins to grow on me. I think its tight they put the blinkers in the mirrors, but the mirrors look out of place. They sit either too high, or they extend too far out, i cant tell which, possibly both. I like how they integrated the signals into the tale (atleast thats what i think im seeing). That color is sick too. Good stuff dude, if i had seen that shit arrive i wouldnt have hesitated either. (with or without money )
Old 03-14-2005, 05:17 PM

tnorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah bike looks good, but it would take a while for me to get used to that can. But that is why it is your bike. Other than that looks good.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

haha yea i've got quite the chicken strip on the rear... at first i didn't like the integrated signals but now i don't mind them so much, although the mirrors themselves still aren't far out enough to get your arms out of the view, my only complaint so far
Old 03-14-2005, 05:56 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

you were right....that is by far the ugliest exhaust and tail I've ever seen. lol
Old 03-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I know you dont do sales Bret, but do certain bikes come out of the crate with certain tires? I couldnt help but notice the Metzler tread and had to ask. Do the gsxr's come stock with them, or did you request it?

You put me onto metzler, but the way you spoke of them was as if you hadnt used'em, and now i see you have one, so if you hadnt used them before, how ya like em?

Edit: I dont know how in the fuck you cant see past your arms in those things dude, they're fucking high and wide!!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

suzuki usually seems to stick to one tire for their bike, but honda especially seems to put different brand tires on the same bike at random, which is a bad idea because the tires all make the bike handle different, but the tires on the 1000 are actually the Bridgestone BT014's... i've actually had about 3 sets of metzler M1's on my previous 1000 so i recommended them too you off of experience, but the reviews for them are great
Old 03-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

nice rides

Quick Reply: New bike pics