Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

NESBA FREE TRACK DAY

Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 PM
B D R Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
specialk1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NESBA FREE TRACK DAY

Anyone ever done the free track day? well I am going to do it on the 21 of JULY. so let me know if it is worth going.

Last edited by specialk1000; 04-11-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: NESBA FREE TRACK DAY

it's a good starting point. you get some class time, and a lil bit of track time. i think they usually run 3(?) 20 minute sessions for the free days. you have to follow the track guys, but it's worth it if you want to see if you like it, without dropping alot of money.

that may not sound like much time on the track, but it is, especially for the price.

trust me, a few 20 minute sessions of going as fast as you possibly can, and you'll be worn the hell out.

... i need to get my happy butt back to the track.....
Old 04-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

yea i'm dying to get back out there myself... its two twenty minute sessions with i think classroom instruction, when i did it like three years ago they said you could do the rest of the day for like half price if you wanted to keep riding, some friends of mine did it last month and they said you have to buy a membership and pay the price for a full track day if you want to ride the rest of the day, which kind of sucks... but i mean its free track time, plus you don't need hardly any bike prep or special gear so its a good way to see the track and get an idea if your interested in it or not with out spending a ton of money and investing in alot of gear... you won't regret it
Old 04-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
yea i'm dying to get back out there myself... its two twenty minute sessions with i think classroom instruction, when i did it like three years ago they said you could do the rest of the day for like half price if you wanted to keep riding, some friends of mine did it last month and they said you have to buy a membership and pay the price for a full track day if you want to ride the rest of the day, which kind of sucks... but i mean its free track time, plus you don't need hardly any bike prep or special gear so its a good way to see the track and get an idea if your interested in it or not with out spending a ton of money and investing in alot of gear... you won't regret it
I believe you pay full price if you want to stay for the day.....
Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
I believe you pay full price if you want to stay for the day.....
thats what i said, but i mean when i did it a while bike they discounted it if you wanted to stay which i thought was cool but doesn't seem like they do that anymore
Old 04-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

So what would the modifications be that are needed for track prep? If i want to come out on the 1k, will i need plastics, wiring harness, and slicks, and pucked pants?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

none of those things would ever be required for a track day, but are nice to have... for the free day you basically need nothing done, just need to have decent tread life left on your tires and as far as i know thats it, leather jacket, boots, jeans, helmet... for a regular track day you might need some bare minimum safety wiring and leather pants as well
Old 04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

none of those things would ever be required for a track day, but are nice to have... for the free day you basically need nothing done, just need to have decent tread life left on your tires and as far as i know thats it, leather jacket, boots, jeans, helmet... for a regular track day you might need some bare minimum safety wiring and leather pants as well
I'd have to see that in writing somewhere..................seems too weird to me that NESBA would allow riders out on a track with jeans on.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

page 8 of the nesba riders manual... and sorry its two pairs of jeans
Old 04-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

page 8 of the nesba riders manual... and sorry its two pairs of jeans
From the manual:

PERSONAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED
o Helmet, full-face DOT, SNELL, or European standard approved, with
eye protection. No flip-up helmets allowed.
o Leather or textile riding suits (i.e., Cordura, Kevlar, or Aerostich-type).
No textile suits will be allowed in the Advanced class. Two-piece suits
must zip together; full circumference is required. Airmesh-style
suits (where you can see your skin through them) are NOT
permitted.
o Two pairs of jeans will be allowed for the Intro class only
o Sturdy over-the-ankle leather boots
o Leather gauntlet-type gloves
o Back protector (strongly recommended)

So you can wear two pairs of jeans for the intro class only; but if you wanna pay for the rest of the track day you're gonna need the leathers or textiles.

I would NEVER reccomend jeans on a track; even two pairs.

Quick Reply: NESBA FREE TRACK DAY