VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   need tires put on (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/need-tires-put-93752/)

3xb18 05-11-2005 06:53 PM

need tires put on

i am getting new tires for my bike I found them for about 220 shipped now,i just need some ideas on where to take my bike to have the new tires put on.and about how long it usually takes

xshanex 05-11-2005 07:27 PM

Re: need tires put on

take the wheels off the bike and most shops can mount the tires the same day they're dropped off. Usually costs between $50 and $75 for 2 tires to be mounted.

seanazzy 05-12-2005 04:42 AM

what area? if you don't take the wheels off then they're gonna charge you about 60 bucks a pop and not all places will mount tires you didn't buy from them

Mr.6 05-12-2005 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by seanazzy
what area? if you don't take the wheels off then they're gonna charge you about 60 bucks a pop and not all places will mount tires you didn't buy from them

This is true. If you have bulldog stands then i would remove both wheels myself and take those to a deal and have them strap on the new rubber. That should cost you about 30 bucks per rim (ie $60). Otherwise, you will pay 62.xx for the labor of having to remove the wheels from the bike (charging you an hours worth of work for something that takes less than 5 minutes to do on your own), and then another 30 bucks per tire because you didnt buy the tire from that particular store. You could easily spend more than 100 bucks having tires installed at a store, i know Casey Cycle got me that way, which is why I decided i wouldnt go back to them.

VAhslr 05-12-2005 08:04 AM

If you are located in the 757, I would take the wheels to Redline on George Washington Hwy. In Yorktown. I recently replaced both of my tires on my r6 and they charged me $48 out the door. I probably called 20 places and Redline had one of the best prices and there service is hard to beat. It only took them about 30 minutes to do it, but they were not busy at the time. Definatly take the wheels off yourself unless you want to pay twice the price.

CBR600F4 05-12-2005 11:50 AM

Bring ME the wheels and we can go to the hobby shop on Oceana and do it for FREE!!!!

Mr.6 05-12-2005 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Bring ME the wheels and we can go to the hobby shop on Oceana and do it for FREE!!!!

Yeah, any type of hobby shop you can take it to will save you money all ways around. They have all the equipment you need to do it. God bless being affiliated with the military. :thup:

3xb18 05-12-2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by CBR600F4

that would be great if u could do that if you are serous i will pm you when i get the tires in and take the wheels off. i dont have stands any body have any ideas on how to get both off and still have my bike in the upright position.

CBR600F4 05-12-2005 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 3xb18
that would be great if u could do that if you are serous i will pm you when i get the tires in and take the wheels off. i dont have stands any body have any ideas on how to get both off and still have my bike in the upright position.

I have a Pit Bull non spooled rear (will work with any bike) and a Lockhart Phillips front.

Just lemme know when you get the tires. Just ride the bike to my place and then we'll hit Oceana. I live like 5 minutes away from it.

3xb18 05-12-2005 05:19 PM

cool man thanxs for the help I have been meanin to come out that way to ride out and meet some of you guys ,but i dont know my way around southside very much .so if i get up with you to help with the tires maybe i can figure out how to get were you guys ride at and then come over the tunnel a lil more. thanks again man i will pm u or somethin when i get my tires