Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

need some advice on a ticket

Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 AM
go fast or move

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
durang-low has disabled reputation
Default need some advice on a ticket

sitting out back of my job the other day and did a quick little burn out and a cop pulled up on me and wrote me a wreckless driving ticket.. was thinking bout taking the advanced rider course at tcc to help out but they dont have a dates avalible before my court date..anyone got any good ideas? gotta get this dropped my insurance will kill me if i dont..any advice would be great..thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Default Re: need some advice on a ticket

was this on a parking lot?....... this is insane.. werckless driving... what were they smoking when they wrote up laws in VA? where are you located at?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 AM
go fast or move

durang-low has disabled reputation

yea i was in a parking lot, and i know the only things they can write you for on private property is wreckless and DUI..its gay cus this same cop wrote one of my guys that works with me in the shop(previous to mine) and also wrote a customer of mine for the same thing, spinnin tires/wreckless..i dont know what they were smoking but they need to share that shit..lol..im in chesapeake ofcourse, where u cant even get away with scratching ur our ass..
Old 06-23-2008, 06:43 AM
SV haver

HHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!! just be glad you're not in VB... that shit is LIFE over here! we REAL!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 AM
SV haver

i would tho explain the situation to the judge and say that no lives or property were put inj danger ect.... and that it was somewhat safe bah blah blah... and recommend that it wasn't really wreckless...... my roomate had something similar here in VB at a k-mart parking lot (on a car doing donuts.... sigh) and his got reduced... without him even saying none of the above...
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

maybe saying gum or oil was on your tires and you felt the need to get it off your tires for your safety?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:42 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

^ He can try saying something like that but that really depends on what he told the officer at the time of the ticket, if he made no mention of it at that time judge will more than likely take it up as an excuse he's making up and it would have no bearing. He'd probably be more inclined to admit responsibility and say it was a lapse of judgement on his part, and as Chappe said, make sure to mention the fact that it was in a parking lot and with nothing and/or noone around as to ensure you don't endanger anyone's lives. That be what you can do if you go it alone.

If you decide a getting a lawyer he may have more options of fighting it since it's not your everyday reckless ticket. And if you do go that route, the day of your court date just ask the judge for a continuance as you need to get a lawyer and they'll continue it to a later date.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

A burnout? They will drop it. I am 99.9 sure.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by oNi
^ He can try saying something like that but that really depends on what he told the officer at the time of the ticket, if he made no mention of it at that time judge will more than likely take it up as an excuse he's making up and it would have no bearing. He'd probably be more inclined to admit responsibility and say it was a lapse of judgement on his part, and as Chappe said, make sure to mention the fact that it was in a parking lot and with nothing and/or noone around as to ensure you don't endanger anyone's lives. That be what you can do if you go it alone.

If you decide a getting a lawyer he may have more options of fighting it since it's not your everyday reckless ticket. And if you do go that route, the day of your court date just ask the judge for a continuance as you need to get a lawyer and they'll continue it to a later date.
excellent advice, pretty much what i was gonna say, dont make any excuses, in my past tickets, i've learned an excuse only pisses them off, just man up, apologize and let em know youve never done it before, and have no desire to do it again. you can say that you made sure noone was around, but in no way tell him/her it was safe. they dont wanna hear that at all. be polite, you can always curse out the judge or cop under your breath on the way out. good luck
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Karate Kid

pt_1024 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chappe
i would tho explain the situation to the judge and say that no lives or property were put inj danger ect.... and that it was somewhat safe bah blah blah... and recommend that it wasn't really wreckless...... my roomate had something similar here in VB at a k-mart parking lot (on a car doing donuts.... sigh) and his got reduced... without him even saying none of the above...

Originally Posted by oNi

+1 for both, did you ever say an excuse to the cop? if so, he'll use anything and everything you say against you, just like the take a piss excuse when speeding. i should of known , but good luck with the ticket

Quick Reply: need some advice on a ticket