Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Need help...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help...

i've been bleeding my front lines for over an hour now (filled resevoir at least 10-13 times) and both sides of the front are coming out clean (no bubbles or leaks anywhere!) and it's not building any pressure. i just switched from the stock lines to stainless steel galfers...thanks for any help - this is blowin' me!

Last edited by seanazzy; 05-22-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need help...

not to point out the obvious, but did you try pumping up the lever once you close the bleeders? try bleeding the master cylinder as well, then pumping up the lever.

that should work?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

best you before me. I will be doing this 2morrow and will be printing up a storm tonight.

BTW- Royal Purple is the Shiz
Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

oh yeah i've been pumping the lever like crazy...i don't see a bleeder at the master cylinder???

they didn't come w/ any instructions and i have two washers left over...i have them everywhere the stocks were including between the two lines at the banjo bolt. i see on a forum they say you need two in between the lines like so...

but i would still have one washer leftover...would this really be the problem?

Last edited by seanazzy; 05-22-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i never double the washers like that.

you have air trapped in the system somewhere, try pumping the brake lever, holding it, and cracking the banjo bolt loose at the master cylinder. that's normally a high spot in the system, and has a tendency to trap air there.

any high point in the system is going to get air trapped in it.

are the bleeder fittings at the top or the bottom of the calipers? on ALMOST all bikes they're at the top, but i have seen some at the bottom, which is stupid, b/c then you get a huge air bubble in the caliper. if that's the case, you have to take the calipers off and turn them upside down to bleed them. like i said, stupid. not very often i see a caliper like that, but figured i'd bring it up just in case.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo

Originally Posted by seanazzy
... this is blowin' me!
And you want it to stop?

But yeah, pretty much pressure bleed the master cyl and at the calipers (in case you're just gravity bleeding them).
Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
...are the bleeder fittings at the top or the bottom of the calipers? on ALMOST all bikes they're at the top, but i have seen some at the bottom...
You have to turn the bike upside down to bleed those types!!

As for bleeding your brakes, good luck, I hate brakes and suck at bleeding mine...I usually get it, just take me a while along with much cussing!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i never double the washers like that.

you have air trapped in the system somewhere, try pumping the brake lever, holding it, and cracking the banjo bolt loose at the master cylinder. that's normally a high spot in the system, and has a tendency to trap air there.

any high point in the system is going to get air trapped in it.

are the bleeder fittings at the top or the bottom of the calipers? on ALMOST all bikes they're at the top, but i have seen some at the bottom, which is stupid, b/c then you get a huge air bubble in the caliper. if that's the case, you have to take the calipers off and turn them upside down to bleed them. like i said, stupid. not very often i see a caliper like that, but figured i'd bring it up just in case.
yeah, the bleeder is at the top on the calipers. and do the connections have to be on each bolt a certain way. looks like some have bends and some are straight?? thanks - i've never really had this problem bleeding em before but guess it's at the master cylinder since i haven't had the banjo off there...just seems crazy that i've had probably more than 10 resevoirs full and not seeing any air! will try again tonight. thanks

Last edited by seanazzy; 05-23-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

ok so since i will be doing this today guess i should bring some Woodchuck eh:?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i've had problems when putting on new stainless lines and priming by hand as well, pumping for an hour straight and getting no where, what i've done in that situation and its always worked for me is just fill the resevoir up with fluid and leave the cap off, or just lay it on top, so that air can get in easily to replace the dissipitating brake fluid and just walk away for a few hours... gravity will slowly draw the fluid to the bottom and the air to the top, you'll still need to pump them but that usually gets me enough pressure to make the job easy... also try squeezing the rubber tube between the resevoir and the master cylinder, i usually find a ton of air stuck in there, or giving the master cylinder itself a few taps will usually send a few bubbles up