Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Need Advice:Newbie

Old 09-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G32BTurbo G32BTurbo
Default Need Advice:Newbie

I'm thinking about getting a sport bike but I've never ridin one. I would like something that is easy to ride and is fairly easy to maintain. What sort of bikes should I look for, specifically what models? Automatic or manual, is there even that option? What else do I need to know before getting on the bike? If I take a cycle course at a community college will part of the class include road time? Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 PM

stang4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Advice:Newbie

i would suggest going to tcc and taking there course or somewhere close to you that offers the same. there is road time but its on the schools bikes which are somthing like little 250cc cruisers. as for a bike i would go with a 600. my preference is the gsxr but every one has there own taste. hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:10 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

for EASY maintenance u should get a bike like an SV650, no fairings = easily fix shit, haha, but their slow and look like crap.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

take the class first. No offense but from the sounds of your post it looks like you don't know much about riding or bikes in general so you should probably read up and hit up some more forums (cycleforums.com is good) and start picking up some bike mags or books. All but a few rare bikes and scooters require shifting as many would be complete deathtraps without it. The class is good and gives you the ride portion of your license. Maintenance wise......bikes are generally low maintenance. Most of the common stuff is easy to do and takes 10 minutes. Only real maintenance needed is valve adjusts every couple years(depending on mileage), tightening the chain, oil changes, checking air pressure on tires and tire changes. All but the valves can be done yourself. As far as bikes.....500's, katanas and sv650's are the way to go if you want to start out and learn how to ride well. Most of them aren't the sexiest things out there but some of the newer ones look pretty damn good. If you want to pose, go fast in a straight line, and cruise then you might be ok on a slightly older 600 but overall its easier to learn (and learn to ride well) on a smaller bike
Old 09-28-2005, 07:28 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

^werd. Im getting a Ninja 500 in the summer...cant wait
Old 09-28-2005, 08:23 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by Quentin
do you work in reston?
theres a celica that looks identical to yours that parks in the parking lot of my building everyday
Old 09-28-2005, 09:54 AM

sir92hatch has disabled reputation

Seems like you knowledge on bikes is slim to none. i suggest finding someone with a 125cc or 250cc dirtbike that will let you ride so you can get the feel of riding and what it feels like when you loose traction. but just a suggestion good luck
Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

sweet, just the stuff i was looking for. Yeah I've never been on a bike but its something I've always wanted to learn. so whats the price range that i'll be looking at? should I get a used bike?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:34 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quentin
have you ever been to the friday night chic fil a meets?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:34 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
do you work in reston?
theres a celica that looks identical to yours that parks in the parking lot of my building everyday
Where do you work in reston?? i work on sunrise valley drive

Quick Reply: Need Advice:Newbie