Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Motorcycle Salvage yards 757?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Motorcycle Salvage yards 757?

I am putting together a bobber, 1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing interstate. I've already done a lot of hacking to it, getting rid of the non sense hideous stuff it came with from the factory. I am curious as if there is a motorcycle salvage yard around here that is local that has some good finds here and there. Thing is, the bobber is being funded by extra spare money.....it goes the drift car, the turbaaaa diesel and then the motorcycle on top of real life stuff haha. So I am just trying to throw together a bike for cheaply.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all
Default Re: Motorcycle Salvage yards 757?

From what I have been told, VA shut down the salvage yards because they supposedly attract bike thefts and chop shops. Will probably have to look into NC for a salvage yard.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

there was a place called "motorcycle salvage" in hampton but closed due to the owner getting old and sold the place to the shane. which turned in to emc. which he closed due to lack of work and the will to keep it open

as far as i know va didnt shut any salvage yards down bc of thefts or chop shops. since they do that shit out there homes not at a legal yard.. no one has ever open/started a salvage yard(other than what i stated). but there is a place called motorcycle salvage i think its in hampton or newport new. but i dont they have parts bikes. they pick up alot of bikes from us for insures. comps.

Last edited by rollingstock; 06-29-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by DC97Cobra
From what I have been told, VA shut down the salvage yards because they supposedly attract bike thefts and chop shops. Will probably have to look into NC for a salvage yard.
That may be one of the most misinformed tidbits I have seen posted. . .really? Have you driven through Suffolk, South Norfolk, Chesapeake? Have you seen the shit ton of yards in Manassas, down 29, and all over central? VA hasn't shut shit down in regards to salvage yards, salvage yards have shut do to a lull in the economy I am sure.

As for a Motorcycle specific yard, I am not sure. All yards have a bike section, even the pick and pull/u wrench it, and there are a few online resources to scour salvage yard inventories locally.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Scorpion Engineering way up on Warwick Blvd always has a ton of older bikes outside. Not sure what they sell as far as parts bikes go.

And ignore Rollingstock, he's the bigges EMC nut rider around.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Scorpion Engineering way up on Warwick Blvd always has a ton of older bikes outside. Not sure what they sell as far as parts bikes go.

And ignore Rollingstock, he's the bigges EMC nut rider around.
lol coming from someone that hides behind there sn on "vadriven"..

EVERY shop around here has bikes out front. we push out almost 20 bikes daily and 150 out the back. we(redline) have about 15-20 parts bikes in the back but no where near a "junk yard" status

and yet again mr reloaded your post has nothing todo with the topic on hand, just shows you how big of a pussy you are. go ahead try an post pics of my from my myspace or facebook again, or try to say i said something when you have no idea wtf your talking about AGAIN. fag
Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Thanks for the information. No need for flame wars. I'm just trying to get my bike going, inexpensively haha.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
That may be one of the most misinformed tidbits I have seen posted. . .really? Have you driven through Suffolk, South Norfolk, Chesapeake? Have you seen the shit ton of yards in Manassas, down 29, and all over central? VA hasn't shut shit down in regards to salvage yards, salvage yards have shut do to a lull in the economy I am sure.

As for a Motorcycle specific yard, I am not sure. All yards have a bike section, even the pick and pull/u wrench it, and there are a few online resources to scour salvage yard inventories locally.
My brother has specifically looked into opening a motorcycle salvage yard and has inquired about liscencing as well as trying to find the reason as to why there are no longer any motorcycle salvage yards in the Hampton Roads. Local shops have informed him of the reasons as to why and all seem to wish that there was a local MC salvage yard in operation. So take what you want from it. This is what has been told to us by those that are in the business.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Fuck yes!

+ rep for a gl / cx <3'er
Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
Fuck yes!

+ rep for a gl / cx <3'er
I will post a build thread soon, I am ordering a bunch of parts Wednesday

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Salvage yards 757?