Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident........another to the list

Old 07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
slowest in VA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowpro35 is on a distinguished road
Default Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident........another to the list

News story....so vague

""updated 12:30 a.m. ET, Wed., July. 30, 2008
HERNDON, Va. - A man is dead after a Tuesday morning motorcycle crash on Herndon Parkway, according to the Herndon Police Department.

The crash took place near Cavendish Street before 10 a.m., according to police. The preliminary investigation revealed that the driver of the motorcycle, 31-year-old Scott T. Norman, was riding eastbound when he lost control, crossed the median and struck a barrier.

Norman was taken to Reston Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.""

RIP. I think he had a wife and 2 kids too. Be smart people. Seems like way too many for the season. Ride safe.

Last edited by lowpro35; 07-31-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident........another to the list

RIP.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

RIP. Last night riding home on the back roads I took a corner a bit fast and ended up in the other lane. Made me realize how easy it is to make a mistake that'll cost you your life on these things. Granted I was riding a bit more spirited being as it was 12 at night and I knew no cars were coming because on those roads the trees reflect traffics light, but none the less taught me I need to be more careful.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

RIP
Old 07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
slowest in VA

lowpro35 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NoRider
RIP. Last night riding home on the back roads I took a corner a bit fast and ended up in the other lane. Made me realize how easy it is to make a mistake that'll cost you your life on these things. Granted I was riding a bit more spirited being as it was 12 at night and I knew no cars were coming because on those roads the trees reflect traffics light, but none the less taught me I need to be more careful.

Exactly!! its good you realize it before the mistake costs you everything you have....life. my sister just got a bike.... her doing this after she helped me recover from hitting a car (@+/- 50mph)making lefthand turn in front of me. full recovery took a year. i still ride too, but i tell her "always ride within your, and the bike's limits".
Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

im just glad to hear its not another one down in the va beach/norfolk area.

RIP
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NoRider

No matter if there are cars on the roads or not...ANYTIME you cross the median you should tell yourself you just died. Even with no cars on the roads there are too many obsticles on the sides of the roads if you do have a getoff that even if it wouldn't normally be that bad you could smack into anything guardrail rock, tree, a small branch could be lying there and could puncture you. All things most people don't think about. BUT EVERYONE should think about everytime they ride!!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Robs750
No matter if there are cars on the roads or not...ANYTIME you cross the median you should tell yourself you just died. Even with no cars on the roads there are too many obsticles on the sides of the roads if you do have a getoff that even if it wouldn't normally be that bad you could smack into anything guardrail rock, tree, a small branch could be lying there and could puncture you. All things most people don't think about. BUT EVERYONE should think about everytime they ride!!
You're right. I admit it was really stupid to take the extra risk. I always told myself I wouldn't be dumb on a bike, but its so hard, I feel like the bike is ASKING you to push it just a little harder. I guess that is what track days are for right? Yea they are expensive, but I think the extra cost is worth your life.