Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Looking to buy a new bike

Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orange_Fly_Bye has disabled reputation
Default Looking to buy a new bike

Hey,
I was wondering where is the best place to buy a new bike? I was looking at the 600RR. It doesn't matter if its a 04 or 05. This is my first sport bike but I have rode dirt bikes. I have read good things about Cycle world and a couple other places but where is the best place, not just to purchase but to service the bike also. The 600 goes for 8600-9000. I know IM not gonna be paying that exact amount but I also don't want to pay 10,500 for just the bike. IM just looking for some information. Thanks for anyone who can give me an idea of what IM looking at.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:23 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Looking to buy a new bike

In this area you will pay close to MSRP for the 600RR (2005). You may save a few hundred if you go with an 04 model, but I would opt for the new 2005 (upside down forks, radial brakes, etc.) You will have varying opinions here about which brand to buy.....but they are ALL so close in performance that the RIDER will be the limitation, not the bike. I had good service @ Honda of Norfolk.....some like Casey Cycle. Good luck on your endeavor......600RR is a great reliable choice.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

honda of norfolk or only buy from kevin at casey cycle city. Do not pay anything over msrp other than tax. Many dealerships add "processing fees" or "assembly fees" or "shipping fees" or "document fees" or "market adjustments" or just flat out won't sell for msrp and demand more......do not pay extra for those. If they throw in some gear make sure they didn't just add that to the price of the bike. If they don't deal then walk out and go somewhere else. Its a popular bike and spring is starting so you're not going to have too much bargaining power though and probably won't be getting a screaming good deal. If noone wants to play ball then go farther away and go up to Richmond or NC to get your bike. Sure ya might drive a little but its worth saving a few hundred bucks to most people
Old 03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Whaaaat?

Flyin' Low is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is honda of norfolk at?

Originally Posted by xshanex
honda of norfolk or only buy from kevin at casey cycle city. Do not pay anything over msrp other than tax. Many dealerships add "processing fees" or "assembly fees" or "shipping fees" or "document fees" or "market adjustments" or just flat out won't sell for msrp and demand more......do not pay extra for those. If they throw in some gear make sure they didn't just add that to the price of the bike. If they don't deal then walk out and go somewhere else. Its a popular bike and spring is starting so you're not going to have too much bargaining power though and probably won't be getting a screaming good deal. If noone wants to play ball then go farther away and go up to Richmond or NC to get your bike. Sure ya might drive a little but its worth saving a few hundred bucks to most people
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by Flyin' Low
Where is honda of norfolk at?
look in the phone book
Old 03-31-2005, 12:05 AM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

if your getting a 600 dont get a honda i have rode i think ever kinda sport bike u can name and i hate all hondas lol

get a yam r6 or kaw 636 or gsxr600 in that order trust me u will be happy with them
Old 03-31-2005, 03:50 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by DLB1994
if your getting a 600 dont get a honda i have rode i think ever kinda sport bike u can name and i hate all hondas lol

get a yam r6 or kaw 636 or gsxr600 in that order trust me u will be happy with them

Could've bought any brand....... I went with quality and handling over the others. Take your time and read all the reviews. Unfortunately many reviews are highly biased so make sure you read all the articles. Two UK bike mags have the Honda as #1 and other magazines disagree. All the bikes are great.....styling would probably be a deciding factor. Brand loyalty would most likely play a part when people reco' bikes out there. I originally had a 636 picked out and went with the 600RR instead.....glad I did.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:48 AM
Patron

I dont like the sitting style of the old hondas
Old 03-31-2005, 07:37 AM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Re: Looking to buy a new bike

+ all hondas are weak and the handle bars sit up to high it makes me think of sport/touring bike when i ride it
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by DLB1994
+ all hondas are weak and the handle bars sit up to high it makes me think of sport/touring bike when i ride it
I hear you I like how the rr sits compair to the older ones

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new bike