Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

license questions

Old 08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tarron.shelton has disabled reputation
Default license questions

UPDATE: Read r1buttercups thread about licenseing.I saw where it said if you dont have a drivers license then you will get a bike license permitting for only a bike. What if your dl is suspeneded though?

So i was just curious as to if you need a drivers lceinse for a vehicle to own one for a bike? Igot pulled last week and did not have a license and the officer told me to get my license and it will probably be a slap on the wrist. Now to find out my locense is suspensneded becuase of a ticket for a no front plate in va beach!!!!

Last edited by tarron.shelton; 08-20-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3
Default Re: license questions

I doubt the no front plate caused the suspension of the license.

I'm going out on limb but I'm very certain you need to at least be eligable for your Va drivers license to get a class M. Besides, getting the class M isn't a walk in the park that can be done over night. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

why did you not ask the question in that thread then?
you feel that your question was that special that it would not get answered there?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Saw it afterwards, so does anyone wan to anwser the question who knows te anwser? I'm trying to find time yo toto DMV just looking for a heads up.

Appreciate your concern you can "highly doubt" all you want get a ticket an don pay it see if they don't suspend your license
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I am guessing your lack of spelling might be directly related to your license being suspended.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation

well if you want your M license fast you take that 3 day class at a TCC or a harley dealler.. if not go to DMV take the computer test, pass it , have some paper you keep for like 30 plus days or something then you TAKE the road test at DMV and pass to get you M license. if yopu go tru DMV im sure you will need a drivers license at least.. GOOD LUCK

why not call the DMV and save the trouble or just go up there !!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by djgrom
I am guessing your lack of spelling might be directly related to your license being suspended.
however did you kno?

i was planning on taking the course originally so thats the best route. Just curious on the license. Im paying it all off today before i go to court so i guess it doesnt matter now. BTW holding onn the line for a rep at dmv i coiuld go there, drive home, eat lunch and take a nap, as to where i would still be on hold haha.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by tarron.shelton
however did you kno?

i was planning on taking the course originally so thats the best route. Just curious on the license. Im paying it all off today before i go to court so i guess it doesnt matter now. BTW holding onn the line for a rep at dmv i coiuld go there, drive home, eat lunch and take a nap, as to where i would still be on hold haha.
Well... I can tell you this. You have to have a license in order to get an M-class endorsement on your license.

That is like me saying that I have a commercial drivers license but I cant drive a car.

You can only drive a motor vehicle, if you are a licensed driver. Period... You can add classes to your driving license. Which shows that you know the proper proceedures and have passed a test to operate a vehicle that requires more skill than a standard car.

Now. Your license was not suspended because of you not having a front plate. It was probably suspended because you failed to pay fines on that ticket or you failed to appear in court.

And since you were not arrested for a failure to appear. I would go with, You did not pay fines for you ticket and they suspended your license till you do.

So... here is what you do. Go to court, pay your fines. Don't forget to get the piece of paper that says that the suspension has been lifted. Then, go to DMV and pay your $85 reinstatement fee. Also apply for your motorcycles learners permit at the same time.

Take the written test for your permit and get your permit. Once you have your permit. You need to learn the 4 basic tests that will be given to you by DMV. You have to hold your license for 30 days.

When your first court case comes up... put in for a continuence. Once your 30 days is up on your learners permit. Go back to the DMV and take the driving portion of the Motorcycle Licensing test. If you manage to pass then they will give you a "M" class on your driver's license. Take that into court and present it to the judge and there is a small chance that he will dismiss it.

Dont drag your feet though. This will take you about a month to get it done if you do it right. So if you put it off. You will be going to court without having a license and the judge will probably make sure that you do not have a license for a little while longer.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:22 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

What were you doing to get pulled in the first place? Something stupid?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need a DL to get you Motorcycle license. The issue though is that you cant replace one license (the M endorcement) for one thats suspended (The DL). Suspended means your not allowed to operate a vehicle on public roads.. whether Car or Motorcycle.

Last edited by Ordie; 08-23-2009 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: license questions