Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

License/Permit Info for Virginia

Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Whats Next?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kntcdis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: License/Permit Info for Virginia

do they lay the cones out right before you take the exam? or is it premarked?
Old 08-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Whats Next?

EDIT: sorry double post
Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

It's cake. My stuff had expired and for various reasons I had to take the written test (unexpectedly) and the riding test immediately following.. They were both cake. I was out of there in a jiffy!

The course at the DMV is pre-marked, but it's hard to tell what you have to do by looking at the ground without the cones. They have pamplets at the DMV that tell you what you can practice in order to be successful. A guy at the DMV that took his riding test before me handed it off to me for a little help in the right direction. Very cool of him.. Don't sweat it, just take your time and remember to go SLOWWWWWWWW and use the brake as much as you need to. You're better off to take way too long than you are to put your foot down or go over a line.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Unconfirmed User

Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
It's cake. My stuff had expired and for various reasons I had to take the written test (unexpectedly) and the riding test immediately following.. They were both cake. I was out of there in a jiffy!

The course at the DMV is pre-marked, but it's hard to tell what you have to do by looking at the ground without the cones. They have pamplets at the DMV that tell you what you can practice in order to be successful. A guy at the DMV that took his riding test before me handed it off to me for a little help in the right direction. Very cool of him.. Don't sweat it, just take your time and remember to go SLOWWWWWWWW and use the brake as much as you need to. You're better off to take way too long than you are to put your foot down or go over a line.

i have been told by a couple people that the U-turn is pretty much imposible to get without going over the line...what would u sugest for this part of the test?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Rival23
i have been told by a couple people that the U-turn is pretty much imposible to get without going over the line...what would u sugest for this part of the test?
I didn't have a problem. I didn't lose a single point on my riding test. My best advice to you is to borrow a small motorcycle if you are a relatively new and inexperienced rider. If you can get on a Kawasaki 250, you're golden. I borrowed a friends wifes bike, and it was much easier to pass on than it would have been on my 636. I could have still done well and passed on the 636 too, but the 250 is much more nimble and easier to control at extremely slow speeds.

Trust me. Just go slow, and use that brake and throttle wisely. You're not under any time constraint with the u-turn whatsoever IIRC. Don't put your foot down.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:19 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

So yeah, the MSF did not give me any discount with my progressive insurance, damn you progressive, damn you to hell.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Unconfirmed User

Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival Rival

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I could have still done well and passed on the 636 too, but the 250 is much more nimble and easier to control at extremely slow speeds.
Unfortunatly I dont know anyone with a 250cc bike so I will be forced to take the test next week on my CBR 600RR
Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Whats Next?

i heard you can take it on a scooter or a moped is this true? the ones you register. I dont know if this is true but if so that would make the test ALOT easier. if someone knows please let me know.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:04 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Rival23
Unfortunatly I dont know anyone with a 250cc bike so I will be forced to take the test next week on my CBR 600RR
Have you checked on the forum? Maybe even Craigslist? Any other motorcycle boards you post on? Just put the word out that you'd like to use someones 250cc for the motorcycle test and more than likely someone will come to the rescue!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

dks2k is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont' know anyone that has a 250.. i know someone that passed using his scooter... they made me print out my registration card for the bike i was using? i thought that was a rippoff... since i didn't bring my card...

Quick Reply: License/Permit Info for Virginia