Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

License/Permit Info for Virginia

Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acuraman2012 acuraman2012 acuraman2012 acuraman2012 acuraman2012 acuraman2012
Default Re: License/Permit Info for Virginia

i understand what everyone is trying to say and thanks for looking out. i know there will be some temptation to do some dumb shit but i have the will power to overcome it. and i hear the same talk from alot of people so i know its not a joke a i realy do have to be careful.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

It is not about doing dumb shit. There are so many other aspects that you really may not understand or realize about a SS bike which is very unforgiving in when compared to a 250/500 or a twin.

I along with the majority of experienced riders strongly do not recommend a SS bike as a beginner bike because they are not the greatest nor intended to learn on. That is why they are for experienced riders. I am done my rant because I can go on for hours about why a SS bike makes a poor choice as a beginner bike.

Last edited by Woodrow; 05-19-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

stynd003 has disabled reputation

i took the class and im 18 should i wait to get my permit at 19 and hold it for 30 days or do i still have to hold it for 9 mothns when i turn 19
Old 09-10-2009, 04:03 AM
Banned

iLOVEtubas has disabled reputation

It's cake. My stuff had expired and for various reasons I had to take the written test (unexpectedly) and the riding test immediately following.. They were both cake. I was out of there in a jiffy!

The course at the DMV is pre-marked, but it's hard to tell what you have to do by looking at the ground without the cones. They have pamplets at the DMV that tell you what you can practice in order to be successful. A guy at the DMV that took his riding test before me handed it off to me for a little help in the right direction. Very cool of him.. Don't sweat it, just take your time and remember to go SLOWWWWWWWW and use the brake as much as you need to. You're better off to take way too long than you are to put your foot down or go over a line.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Here is a video link of the skills test. Not sure how old it is, but it is accurate.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...title&resnum=5
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Really?
What do you do when you get headshake?
What is the friction zone?
What do you do to improve/tighten your line in a turn?
What is the proper placement of your hand/wrist on the throttle?

I am not going to get into it or spend time offering advice. I have been riding long enough to know you have already made your mind up regardless what people tell you. The facts are a SS bike is a horrible bike for a beginner, among other things. Unless you have had 1-2 years riding, you are a beginner. Tell you mother you love her and pray you don't screw up and kill yourself. I certainly hope you wait a long time until you put that girl on the back of your bike as well.
whats the answers to these, i wanna know if I got it right!?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Slow as Shit

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
whats the answers to these, i wanna know if I got it right!?
Smartass

What do you do when you get headshake?Do not tighten your grib on the bars, but keep them loose and slightly throttle through it. Do not gas it, but remember the bike is more stable at speed. There is no 100% guarantee you won't go down, but doing those will increase your chances of riding through it.
What is the friction zone? The friction zone is the spot from when you release the clutch lever to where the clutch actually engages and transfers the power to the rear wheel.
What do you do to improve/tighten your line in a turn? This will depend on the turn, but many times increasing the speed alone will tighten the line. Sometimes it may be necessary to be looking through/leaning more/ and speed as well.
What is the proper placement of your hand/wrist on the throttle? You want to place your hand on the throttle to where your wrist is level with the throttle making a flat or slightly bend position to prevent from grabbing too much throttle.

If I am wrong, someone feel free to correct me.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

cool. I got all but #1 right.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Its like what happens when your rear wheel starts to slide out...POWER ON BABY!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Slow as Shit

Originally Posted by djgrom
Its like what happens when your rear wheel starts to slide out...POWER ON BABY!!
What is the saying when you start to slide....When in doubt, throttle out.

Quick Reply: License/Permit Info for Virginia