Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Legality Question

Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Legality Question

I looked on DMV, google and other crap but i can't find a definite answer.

I figure it would be illegal to ride with two earphones in but i heard from a buddy it is legal to ride with one in... this way i can use my iphone as gps, radio/music, and as a phone and would still be able to ride awarely.

Anyone know the legality of this?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Legality Question

driving any vehicle in VA with two earphones on is illegal, bike or car.

figured that out the hard way.....
Old 04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

my question is with just one in though? like the other one tucked somewhere... i can't find any where online if its chill or not
Old 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

with one is legal, from what I have been told, but that was before bluetooth headsets, so it may have changed since then.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

I got pulled over with two in cop didn't say shit about those just about my speed and how he thought i was running...idiot. I asked cop in georgia and he was like yea its cool, but that is georgia
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

From what Ive heard, one is ok, two is not.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I like grape drank

I went and tested it today in the most obvious way i could....black T shirt, black helmet with white iphone earbuds, passed like 4 cops (chesterfield has been crazy lately with cops or is it just me..?~!)

no one turned on their lights and chased after meh but thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by pbluva
I went and tested it today in the most obvious way i could....black T shirt, black helmet with white iphone earbuds, passed like 4 cops (chesterfield has been crazy lately with cops or is it just me..?~!)

no one turned on their lights and chased after meh but thanks for the help guys.
well.. first I will say that I really dont think that cops are going to chase you down over ear phones. It is kinda like a seatbelt violation. If you are dumb enough not get it on before he gets to your window then you deserve the ticket. Anyways.

I was pulled over for my tag on my bike being expired. I never have 2 ear phones in to begin with. Even when I am off the bike.

Cop pulled me over.. comes up to my bike and says. "Hey man, thanks for not running. I just wanted to tell you that your tags are expired. Do you have your license and insurance?"

I said "yes sir" and handed him my license and insurance.

He then said, "You know its illegal for you to have head phones in while riding, right? I can give you a ticket for it. It is a safety hazard."

I responded, "Even though I am only wearing one? I can still hear traffic around me." Pointing to my right ear that was empty.

He says "Oh, I thought you had both in. No, your fine. You can have one in just not both. I see you have your M endorsement. I am not going to bust your chops, just get your plates fixed and ride safe. Thanks again for pulling over and not running."
Old 05-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I like grape drank

Wow nice cop, the last cop that pulled me over flipped a shit just cuz i was doing like 12 over.

But thanks man, good to have closure i guess.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM
slowest in VA

lowpro35 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
well.. first I will say that I really dont think that cops are going to chase you down over ear phones. It is kinda like a seatbelt violation. If you are dumb enough not get it on before he gets to your window then you deserve the ticket. Anyways.

I was pulled over for my tag on my bike being expired. I never have 2 ear phones in to begin with. Even when I am off the bike.

Cop pulled me over.. comes up to my bike and says. "Hey man, thanks for not running. I just wanted to tell you that your tags are expired. Do you have your license and insurance?"

I said "yes sir" and handed him my license and insurance.

He then said, "You know its illegal for you to have head phones in while riding, right? I can give you a ticket for it. It is a safety hazard."

I responded, "Even though I am only wearing one? I can still hear traffic around me." Pointing to my right ear that was empty.

He says "Oh, I thought you had both in. No, your fine. You can have one in just not both. I see you have your M endorsement. I am not going to bust your chops, just get your plates fixed and ride safe. Thanks again for pulling over and not running."
damn that's almost perfect. i respect that officer. i too have had cops flip out on me despite pulling over immediately after lights came on. I drifted through a stop sign with an unmarked behind me. over the loud speaker the officer asked me to take my key out drop it on the ground remove my helmet and keep my kickstand up..... i had made no attempt to run or anything. i pulled over seriously about 50ft from the intersection as soon as i saw lights. back on track....