Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Just a reminder....

Old 01-17-2007, 07:27 AM
misunderestimated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yamamaha has disabled reputation
Default Just a reminder....

Wear your helmets people. Even if you are going at slower speeds in parking lots.

I was riding with a few friends sunday, and got word that some people were practicing some stunts in the parking lot at ____. So anyway, when i pull up, i see this guy on a 2005ish R6 and the first thing i said to myself was....dude, where is your helmet? No helmet, no jacket, no gloves....just a t-shirt and jeans. Anyway, he was doing ok...i guess...coming by on sit-down wheelies hootin' and hollarin and then, before you know it, 12 o'clocked that b!tch and came down on its side.

Can you guess it? Yes, his face was the first thing to hit the ground. Followed by screams and his flesh being ripped off under his face, forearms, hands, and then a couple rolls.

He was ok, knocked dilly for a bit, then finally got up and i think went to get checked out at the hospital.

Worst part about it all....wasnt even his bike. Now you know thats got to suck. I heard he was doing good on his R1, but that R6 took his ass down. Just comes to show you, 600's dont fvck around.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 AM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just a reminder....

The only thing I am guilty of not wearing my helmet on is my 50. But I've seen even that small thing throw some fuckers right over the handle bars.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:01 AM
misunderestimated

Originally Posted by duder
The only thing I am guilty of not wearing my helmet on is my 50. But I've seen even that small thing throw some fuckers right over the handle bars.
Haha, i rode my friends 50 the other day - that thing is sweet! How much are they cuz im thinking about getting one.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:48 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
12 o'clocked that b!tch
You mean he looped it--not 12 o'clock.

Friend of mine went down without a helmet a few years ago and it was'nt pretty either. He lost his short term memory for a few hours and could'nt understand what was going on-it was weird. I've ridden without a helmet a few times--cant say I do it very often though.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:52 AM
misunderestimated

Originally Posted by Armenian
You mean he looped it--not 12 o'clock.

Friend of mine went down without a helmet a few years ago and it was'nt pretty either. He lost his short term memory for a few hours and could'nt understand what was going on-it was weird. I've ridden without a helmet a few times--cant say I do it very often though.
I just figured looping pertained to going all the way backwards...he came up at the 12, and it was there for a second or two, and then just went over on the right - so if thats looping as well, then i stand corrected.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
d00d

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
Haha, i rode my friends 50 the other day - that thing is sweet! How much are they cuz im thinking about getting one.
They are a ton of fun. I'd recommend a honda xr/crf 50 though. Haven't heard much about the other brands. Expect to pay anywhere from 550 to 1000 depending on the year, condition, and mods. However, if you're looking for something that is heavily modded and ready to compete than add about another 1000 to that price. I priced all the mods I currently want on my 50 today (and it's only a few mods) and a company quoted me $2500 for a brand new crf 50 with the chosen mods already installed.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
misunderestimated

wow...i just want something small just so i can practice my wheelies and stoppies on - haha
Old 01-17-2007, 12:40 PM
d00d

I'd say, out of my personal opinion, anything under $800 bucks is a good deal for a 50 (of course assuming a good condition and somewhat recent year.)

You can get ebay mail-in 50's for like $250. But, you get what you pay for.