Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Jesse James's black sport bike??

Old 01-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jesse James's black sport bike??

good man, i'm definetly going to do my share of track days at VIR this year, i hear road atlanta is a ball... but yea if you think you'd be into stuff like that then 600 or 750 no doubt, in the twisty stuff they will best faster than a 1000... but bikes are differnt than cars, cars i'd say its 75% car, 25% driver... with a bike its the total opposite, at times it can literally be 99% rider and 1% bike, not to sound cocky, but until 2004 proves otherwise i have the absolute best factory bike money could buy no matter how rich you are, and yet i have had my ass handed to me badly on older, smaller, bone stock bikes because the rider was more skilled than i.... thats another point, i'm not that competitive, but if i ride faster than someone its because "you got a 1000", its a given that i will be fast.... but i remember how damn fun it was to go faster on my 600 or 750 than guys on newer/bigger bikes... so just trying to drill home the point that you don't need the newest and greatest to have a great time
Old 02-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

the hyabusa is not really a track bike, it's a touring bike

not many people take the busa to the track, but if you want something with a lot of power and be able to bring to the track than get a 1000cc bike.

the Sv650/1000 is a very popular track bike and great for riding long distances.
i've never ridden those bikes before but many people swear by it.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

WOW this got off the subject real quick....like Del said 99% driver and 1% bike. It all comes to the rider...I never rode a newer 750 bsides my 96 Zx-7R with a 900cc with mods. That shit was too fast for me it can keep up with the GSXR 1000. The Reason 130 mph and bike still wanted to do wheelies !!! I rode a GSXR 600cc and i had a blast with the 600. Full thottle around turns becasue with the bigger bikes you have to slow down.The point is that you don't need the newest and greatest to have a great time like Del said its just how you ride it. I see too many people get 750 and bigger just becasue it looks cool and its a big cc bike.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:31 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
the hyabusa is not really a track bike, it's a touring bike

not many people take the busa to the track, but if you want something with a lot of power and be able to bring to the track than get a 1000cc bike.

the Sv650/1000 is a very popular track bike and great for riding long distances.
i've never ridden those bikes before but many people swear by it.
your pretty much right, SV's are great track bikes, light and flickable, pretty cheap to keep up, and have lots of torque to push outta the turns! They have enough power, but not to much.. in the straights past 80-100 mph, is when they falter though..
Old 02-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jesus
I see too many people get 750 and bigger just becasue it looks cool and its a big cc bike.
unfor. i see that way too often.

I cant see myself in anything larger than a 750cc thats why im really interested in just spending the money now for a Ducati 749R. and I love the sitting possition dispite what others may say.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

ducati's are great and all and i was really lookin into a monster but they do require alot of maintenance, like valve adjustments every 3000 miles :0

and sometimes they have electrical problems, but i bet it is worth it to just listen to the desmo do its work! get a red one if you do