Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Jesse James's black sport bike??

Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jesse James's black sport bike??

I have seen pics of Jesse James's black sports bike recently on the Discovery channel and Speed TV and would like to know more about it.

All I can tell you about this bike is that it has a one peice tear-drop style headlight with a projector lens on the inside..

Anyone know a few bikes that match that desicription?
Old 01-29-2004, 06:46 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon
Default Re: Jesse James's black sport bike??

hybusa maybe
Old 01-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by BoOsted
I have seen pics of Jesse James's black sports bike recently on the Discovery channel and Speed TV and would like to know more about it.

All I can tell you about this bike is that it has a one peice tear-drop style headlight with a projector lens on the inside..

Anyone know a few bikes that match that desicription?
can you tell me anything else about the bike...
Old 01-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i know he has a few, R1, some aprilia, a hayabusa i heard... but is this something pretty custom? the only ones i've seen just had your usual over the counter mods and they just showed him on them in like 3 second blips when they would show him going from one shop to another
Old 01-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

well the more i think about it and look at the hayabusa, im thinking what i saw was that..I was hoping that I got to preview a peak at the new super exotic/expensive bike he is coming out with in the next year or two, which he will be producing ruffly 30-40 of per year.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

speaking of the busa. I am currently searching for a road bike and I know this would be a discrace to do to it, but instead of buying a 600 or 749 then in a year or two buying a bigger bike, can i detune the hayabusa?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

power isn't the only issue, you have to make it make the power, i hate to sound cliched but the best traction controll is having a good brain attached to your right wrist to dictate how much power you use... but a hayabusa is going to be a heavy bike, the another big advantage of a 600 other than less power is alot less weight too, which is much easier to manage when your learning, the busa is just way too much money to have invested in a first bike.. as for detuning, no there really is no good way to go about that
Old 01-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Ive been riding bikes since I was 8 in the forest of Santa Cruz and the Deserts of AZ. So, Im a fairly exerianced rider.

With my level of experiance what do you think I should get? Org. I too was thinking of a 600 but i think i would out grow it too fast.
Think a 749 is a good option, since its not a 600 but doesnt have the power or weight of the 900 and 1000cc bikes?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

a 750 is a good medium, but the only one out there is the Suzuki GSX-R 750, the ducati 748/749 is way too much money and is compariable to a 600cc I-4 since its a V-twin, and the kawasaki zx7r is no longer made and last years model was old for its time... but having owned a newer gixxer 750 i think its the perfect bike, it does EVERYTHING good no matter what type of riding you like, just get a 2001 or newer, the 2000 is when the new body style started, but they are notorious for having 2nd gear problems which is a 1,800$ fix, this was correct for 2001

but what kind of riding do you think you would do? so many people say they will get bored of a 600, but the gap between 600's and 1000's is growing smaller every year, 600's are no longer the "entry level" starter bikes they once were, in fact the 600 class is probably the most ferocious class out there, they are all serious race machines... i know i have a 1000 but i only got it because i do literally every type of riding imaginable and mainly wanted to have enough to be competitive when i do go drag racing and for high way roll-ons, but also having the "best" i realize how much more fun it is to ride the shit out of a 600 close to its limits, where the 1000 i'm basically holding back the entire time, which isn't nearly as fun, and its a handful at the drag strip since i'm not going to lower it or anything

next bike i will very likely get another gsxr 750, but the big question is, what kind of riding do you think you would be doing? riding to work, cruising and just hanging out, curves, stunts, drag racing... then again when you get a bike of your own and start getting into it, what type of riding you enjoy will very likely change, so i say get the 750, no matter what you like it will be the right bike for the job
Old 01-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

WOW..the mods should award you with a sticky for that last post.

but anyhow..back on topic. I mainly plan to just cruise with it. Something I can hop on and ride down 400 to Atlanta with. Im also thinking about poss. taking it to Road Atlanta.

Quick Reply: Jesse James's black sport bike??