Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I've been bitten by the bug. I must have a bike. FML

Old 11-25-2011, 06:49 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: I've been bitten by the bug. I must have a bike. FML

Originally Posted by Halfrican
First 3,000 miles there are usually two - three services. One is more of a checkup than anything. Then the six thousand, oil change, then 12 thousand, then 18 and 20k.

First 3k - costs between 500-1000
6k - 500-7500 valve adjustments costs vary by shop (plus cost of timing belts)
12k - 300
18+20k - 1500-2000

None of those include if you fuck up the clutch plates, stuff starts going because of road wear (plugs/wires), tires, oil and filter costs.

I'm sure rollingstock will chime in..

The new bikes are better from what I hear though, unfortunately, the sports bikes look to japanese for my tastes so not worth the "unique" price tag.
thats god damn retarded. seems like if you ride it more than a few months you lose your ass on maintenance
Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Tacgnol
thats god damn retarded. seems like if you ride it more than a few months you lose your ass on maintenance
Unless you do it yourself

People know you own a ducati and they ring up the price at the shop and treat you like shit.

I've fixed all the "in betweens" as they come up and have put her through way more daily riding than it was every intended for. Yet, she is still running beautifully. I popped the top on the cylinder heads to check the valves since I don't trust the last shop when I had the fairings off last.. and they look brand new.

Def not a beat on bike, but the ladies panties drop quick.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Halfrican

Def not a beat on bike, but the ladies panties drop quick.
You mean guys.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Ick
You mean guys.
LUL. This is true. I've probably had more attention from guys on this thing that girl. But, I have been called bear bait so maybe I just have gay appeal.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Have you ever ridden abike before? Might want to look at doing the MSF riders course before getting a bike. If you still want one after then get a CHEAP bike that you can drop and not want to cry over when its dinged up. After you get a bit more comfortable, sell it and buy another or keep it for when a friend visits and buy the bike you want.

Ducs are very nice but the name does come with a price. If you can afford the maintenance cost, I would definitely opt for one of these. The Ducatis aren't considered the Ferraris of motorcycles for nothing!

Take a look at the Harley XR1200's as well. It is currently what I ride and enjoy. It's a cross between a cruiser and a sport bike and requires minimal maintenance. Buying a HD also gives you a huge dealer and independent chain to have the bike worked on if you are not mechanically savvy. Typically, you can find a 2009 - 2010 for around 7 - 9k. If you look hard enough, you might find a brand new one for the same price. New 2011/2012 XR's run around 12k.

The Suzuki SV650, Yamaha FZ6, and Kawasaki Z1000/Ninja 1000 are all nice choices that fit well inbetween cruiser/sport bikes.

Ducati Monster

Harley XR1200/XR1200x

Suzuki SV650

Yamaha FZ6

Kawasaki Z1000/Ninja 1000