Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Inspection sticker location

Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kwth8n has disabled reputation
Default Inspection sticker location

I just got my bike inspected today and they slapped the sticker on the left side swingarm, but it looks like its sticking out like a sore thumb . Were do you guys have yours, any recomendations? I had mine on my forks for my last bike, but they wont fit on these forks without damaging the sticker
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: Inspection sticker location

Left fork.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kwth8n
...but they wont fit on these forks without damaging the sticker
??

I think legally it is supposed to be displayed on the front left fork and nowhere else. I have heard anywhere else, you could get a ticket for improper display or something.....id check that out, and maybe go back to have them change it.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I've also seen them on the swingarm or the rear subframe. I think as long as its displayed on the left side of the bike, it's fine.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Personally, I've never had a bike inspected.. I just got a ticket recently and am considering trying to stick it under the seat cowl or something so I can at least have it and prove that it's legal. Maybe they won't bother me about where the sticker is as long as I have it somewhere. They're usually pretty cool around here.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BentValve
Left fork.
+1, car inspectors don't know any better but oh well. i like it there.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
??

I think legally it is supposed to be displayed on the front left fork and nowhere else. I have heard anywhere else, you could get a ticket for improper display or something.....id check that out, and maybe go back to have them change it.
Thats what i thought but he said that the front fork acts like a shock and moves in and out? i figured he'd know better than me so i took his word for it, but after i thought about it, id figure id better ask around here lol. i'll try to switch it hopefully its wont get damaged. thanks guys
Old 05-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Sorry. Not really.

Is he talking about the upper part of the fork or the lower part? Because the upper part doesn't move. I asked the inspector to put mine behind my license plate holder and he said it HAD to be on the upper left fork.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:19 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

it has to plainly visible from the left side of the bike. just get an inspection plate from a harley or custom shop and bolt it somewhere on the left side of the bike, and you're good to go. better than putting it on paint or on the forks and tearing them up if you need to scrape it.

that, and if you put it on the forks, if you should have to take the forks off (to do fork seals or something) you geberally have to scrape the sticker to get the forks out b/c the sticker won't go thru the triple clamp.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:20 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BentValve
Is he talking about the upper part of the fork or the lower part? Because the upper part doesn't move. I asked the inspector to put mine behind my license plate holder and he said it HAD to be on the upper left fork.
if it's on the upper part of the fork, and the bike has a fairing on it, "technically" that's illegal, since it's not considered plainly visible.

Quick Reply: Inspection sticker location