Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I want your opinion.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:13 AM
loved by all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default I want your opinion.

edit: GO TO PAGE 6 FOR PICS OF THE NEW BIKE.

In the next couple weeks i plan on getting a new bike. I bought my first bike a little over a year ago, it was a 03 R6. Shortly after i decided that i wanted something bigger and faster. Ive had my eye on the 07 R1's for some time now but now that im about to buy ive been considering other possibilities. Ive recently started looking at the new cbr1000rr's. From what i can tell most newer liter bikes are very similar in performance. So what 07-08 liter bike would you recommend based on looks and comfort?

Last edited by ForcedFedTeg; 12-17-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: I want your opinion.

well the new fireblade (1000RR) is going to be alot diffrent from the other liter bikes that are currently on the market. Other companies are also changing there 08 models drasticly. It happens every few years, new technology, new designs and a diffrent bike is born. the 08's are going to be monsters regardless of brand but the 07s will look alot better
Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

yea i know its not a 1000 but the new busa is fuggin ugly, and huge, the 1000rr isnt that bad looking but the 07 def looks better
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

I personally love the new 08 1000RR, as well as the new 08 ZX-10R. Based on the specs I've read, I don't see too many of the 7 models keeping up performance wise. The new 1000RR is said to be nearly as fast as an 06 Busa, and is said to outhandle an R1. Granted, these claims can't really be verified until you get out and start riding them, but the shortended wheelbase, increase in power, and improved aerodynamics all point in the right direction.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
In the next couple weeks i plan on getting a new bike. I bought my first bike a little over a year ago, it was a 03 R6. Shortly after i decided that i wanted something bigger and faster. Ive had my eye on the 07 R1's for some time now but now that im about to buy ive been considering other possibilities. Ive recently started looking at the new cbr1000rr's. From what i can tell most newer liter bikes are very similar in performance. So what 07-08 liter bike would you recommend based on looks and comfort?
Have you tracked your bike yet? If not there should be now way that you want something bigger and faster. I ride a 500 and that is itself way to fast for the "streets" Save yourself money, the r6 is a good bike.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djgrom
Have you tracked your bike yet? If not there should be now way that you want something bigger and faster. I ride a 500 and that is itself way to fast for the "streets" Save yourself money, the r6 is a good bike.
+1 I love when people say I need more than a 500-600 my 600 goes about 80-90 in first gear I can nail it hit first then second gear within seconds I am in triple digits . Where would you need a "faster" bike. Have u been to the track and come out of a corner knee down and 100 plus nailed it and said dam i wish I had more power ?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:03 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

im not all for cracking the bike wide open and running it through all the gears. If im cruising in 5th-6th i would like to have a little more power so i dont have to downshift three times to get in the powerband. pluss i feel more comfortable on a bigger bike.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:18 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

They both have valid points, but in the long run, not many people ever ride their bikes to the fullest of their abilties. Hell, if no one bought a bigger bike simply because they hadn't mastered the smaller bikes yet, 98% of america would still be riding on a 250. HOWEVER, no one thinks like that. It's the same arguement with cars. You don't NEED a car that can run 11s, but you damn sure want one.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Duc 1098 FTW
Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM
loved by all

Originally Posted by Quentin
Duc 1098 FTW
yea ive looked at those too. but i think its best if i get someting a little cheaper for my 2nd bike.

Quick Reply: I want your opinion.