Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I wanna learn the ways of an motorcycle?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFchulo has disabled reputation
Cool I wanna learn the ways of an motorcycle?

Im looking for someone who will be willing to teach me how to ride a bike (I don't have one), Im a quick learner and Im sure it wouldn't take long for me to learn. I have a 5-speed car, so I get the concept, Ive just never ridden one before. I also already have my permit too so that I won't be riding illegally. Someone teach me!

No negative posts, just wanted to see if anyone was interested. Thanks.

Another note: I live in NC and I have an NC permit (all you have to do is take the written part to get your Motorcycle learners permit in NC) im llike 15-20 mins from VA state line and I'm willing to drive to VA...

Last edited by EFchulo; 12-22-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation
Default Re: I wanna learn the ways of an motorcycle?

the best thing i can say is tryn ride a wheeler to learn how to shift and down shirt and get use to the controls and where everything is .. and maybe a dirt bike might be easy after that. since you can lay over a 4 wheeler like a bike. goodluck i just dont have a extra bike to lend out at hte time
Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

Cool, but I don't know anyone around where I stay with a 4-wheeler or a dirtbike...and Im not looking for a lender, Im looking for someone to be there to teach me...
Old 12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

I'd have to say the chances of someone letting you "learn" on their bike is pretty slim. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck in your search.

(If I still lived in VA I'd let you ride my wife's 06 CBR, it's a total piece of shit anyway)
Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

ok well do you have a bike already then ???? also you might wana let people know what area you live in
Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 PM

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

MSF courses are available just about anywhere.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

How did you get a permit, but have not ridden?

By permit, do you mean a drivers permit, because that and your M class are two different things.

Sign up for a course, the on in Richmond even furnishes bikes...I think those lil 125 nighthawks, but enough to get a feel for things.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:35 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
How did you get a permit, but have not ridden?

By permit, do you mean a drivers permit, because that and your M class are two different things.

Sign up for a course, the on in Richmond even furnishes bikes...I think those lil 125 nighthawks, but enough to get a feel for things.
the laws in va as far as motorcycle licensing are retarded. My boss's son has his motorcycle permit, and he's 15.5. doesn't make sense to me, but I don't write the laws.

in any case, to the OP, if you provide a bike to do it on (cuz you DON"T wanna ride mine, lol) i'd be happy to lend a hand showing you the basics. My pop's is an MSF instructor, I've been thru the courses, and have been riding since I was about 5 years old.

lemme know if you need a hand. I'm always down to help get someone on 2 wheels.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

that is some crazy shit there, Steve....how the hell can someone get a motorcycle permit with no riding experience? Can I go get a pilot license? I mean, I can rock the shit out of some Ace combat on PS, that should qualify me.

Why is VA so god damned wacky?!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

you can get your permit just like a car permit only need to get so many right to pass like 20 right outta 25Qs.. haha at DMV. put i think you need the permit for somany day ( 30 0r 90? ) then go back to DMV and do some easy road test like weave in and out of cones and some 3point turn and walk the bike backwards to get your license. BUT MOST DEF do the MSF course its 3 days long but it worth it if you never rode before. its real ride time with teachers to get your license

oya I was good a caption skyhawk on nintendo 1

Quick Reply: I wanna learn the ways of an motorcycle?