Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I have yet another issue with my bike!??!?!?!!?!?!?

Old 08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h82lose91 h82lose91 h82lose91 h82lose91 h82lose91 h82lose91
Default Re: I have yet another issue with my bike!??!?!?!!?!?!?

Like mentioned id probably take it back to the shop that did the work. If its heat related you may want to check out the ignition.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

did the shop that did the work check the tank and make sure it doesn't have a bunch of crap in it? A fuel filter will only do so much.

are you running an airbox or pod filters?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered member

Ginger_Ninja has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
did the shop that did the work check the tank and make sure it doesn't have a bunch of crap in it? A fuel filter will only do so much.

are you running an airbox or pod filters?
I was having a problem with rust in my gas tank but I had that issue solved with the gas tank being cleaned and sealed. I am running pod filters
Old 08-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered member

JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd JdmEgHbKidd

have you had the computer check out and do you know what kind of tune is on it?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Does it have an aftermarket pipe or filter? Is it properly jetted for the setup it has now? Sounds like a jetting issue to me.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Originally Posted by JdmEgHbKidd
have you had the computer check out and do you know what kind of tune is on it?
el oh el it's a 91. No tune, just carb jetting.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

you say it idles fine, and does it rev up without sputtering when the choke is on?

I would say check your tank, petcock, fuel lines, fuel filter, and even then double check the carbs.

There could still be something stuck in one of the jets. Pull the float bowl and see if there's any varnish in there. If so, then you definitely got hosed by that shop. After you check that try and spray some carb cleaner and compressed air through all jets and passages.

If this doesn't do it then check your carb boots or pod filter connection. There could be a leak. Spray some wd-40 on the outside of them while the bike is idling. If it revs up then you probably have a leak.

Also the pod filters alone might not warrant it but if you have an aftermarket exhaust you most likely need to re-jet them.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Does it have an aftermarket pipe or filter? Is it properly jetted for the setup it has now? Sounds like a jetting issue to me.
it does have an aftermarket pipe and filters, it has a stage 2 jet kit.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
you say it idles fine, and does it rev up without sputtering when the choke is on?

I would say check your tank, petcock, fuel lines, fuel filter, and even then double check the carbs.

There could still be something stuck in one of the jets. Pull the float bowl and see if there's any varnish in there. If so, then you definitely got hosed by that shop. After you check that try and spray some carb cleaner and compressed air through all jets and passages.

If this doesn't do it then check your carb boots or pod filter connection. There could be a leak. Spray some wd-40 on the outside of them while the bike is idling. If it revs up then you probably have a leak.

Also the pod filters alone might not warrant it but if you have an aftermarket exhaust you most likely need to re-jet them.
it does rev up without sputtering while the bike is cold but once it gets warm it seems like it is only running on 2 cylinders and it sounds like a dirt bike.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

If its a STG2 Dynojet kit then you should be golden. I agree you should check the float bowls, if they're not shiny clean go kick some mechanic ass.

Have you checked to be sure you're still getting spark when it's warm. The ignition module can get pretty warm when it's running. If it's worn that could also be the issue.

Quick Reply: I have yet another issue with my bike!??!?!?!!?!?!?