Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I almost went down last night!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 04:21 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default I almost went down last night!!!

I live in the middle of a quiet little neighborhood... Took the bike out for a spin earlier yesterday because it was killing me to see it sitting so long. Tires just did not want to heat up during a relatively long ride, and my girl and I were both freezing our asses off (I was wearing my summer riding jacket, and she was wearing a semi-light textile with the liner removed) so we came home and I parked it. We got into a typical argument before she left, and I suited up to go ride by myself... By this time, it's about 9:30PM and pretty damn cold! I get to the end of my street, turn right, and obviously gave it too much gas! The tires were cold, and the ass end kicked out from underneath me. It was basically a rolling, drifting, fishtailing, burnout! lol.. Scared the ever living shit out of me, but I somehow recovered and kept going like it never happened. Very similar to when my rear tire got soaked in oil on the ride home and the ass end was completely sideways--I kept it up!

Be careful with those cold tires, fellas!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: I almost went down last night!!!

Congrats on not busting up your pride and joy. Going down is never a good thing on the wallet or the body.

One a similar note, Q and I were coming around a corner the other day and apparently he thought he was Rossi, because he did the same thing. He was right beside me and I was looking at his headlight. lol
Old 11-24-2006, 05:53 AM
notched

Colt45 will become famous soon enough

Unfortunatey for me, I learned cold tires were slick the hard way, as I too did the same thing you did, but my bike went straight down. Its amazing how long it took for my cuts to heal for such a low speed fall. Like 15mph when I hit the pavement. Ripped my jeans and jacket.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:40 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

ouch, sorry to hear that colt, glad u made it alright zero

i got some new tires i need to get on pretty soon, aint been riding much as of late tho
Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Yea def dont ride while you are mad, and be careful if you wanna ride with the tires and cold weather. I have had my share of freak moments of almost dumping the bike unexpectingly. Be safe and never ride angry.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:20 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

I almost did that shit one time. I kept my bike at my dad's...and I've always known about warming up the tires but for some odd reason I felt the need to get on it as soon as I pulled out of the garage. I fishtailed my ass off and my chest was on the windscreen with my wrists locked and the throttle wide open. I spun/fishtailed for atleast 30 yards...was heading straight towards a parked car and the tires caught and pulled the bike right from the path it was taking. Shit scared the living hell out of me.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:32 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Note to self: Don't try to be cool going across the front yard to impress the youngsters. I came as close to dumping it as you could on the lawn. I played it off and the kids still liked it.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:10 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

lol, i almost dumped the 954 in the 7/11 parking lot last night. stupid employees decided it would be a good idea to put a 1" layer of kitty litter around the pumps. i didn't even see it (it's alomst the same color as the pavement, and it was dark, and that's my excuse ) slid both tires thru it.

BEWARE THE KITTY LITTER!!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:49 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

yeah i have drifted the 500 twice now each one scared the shit out of me
Old 11-25-2006, 02:12 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

i think the best is the 70 mph hydroslide through standing water on the far left/right lanes on the interstate during a rainstorm. I think i actually crapped my pants lol.

stay in the CENTER lane!!!

Quick Reply: I almost went down last night!!!