VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   How To: Wheelie... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/how-wheelie-67577/)

Del 09-22-2004 07:50 AM

Re: How To: Wheelie...

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
"ok this is the last one"

thats the kiss of death right their.

Mr.6 09-22-2004 01:24 PM

Good stuff :thup:

Im still skeered about doin them though. Its just one of those things where if you go down, you know it was your fault for doing it. :o

Voodoo ST 09-22-2004 03:14 PM

Well on my bike, a Ducati 996s modified, you dont have to drop a clutch you just power it up in first, second and third! Good find though!

Del La Sol 1320 09-22-2004 06:18 PM

yea being able to just roll on the gas and have it rise up is great... but i still suck at wheelies, never really practice and i'm a pussy about them anyways

VAbeachTegNout 09-22-2004 07:46 PM

lol i guess im the only ass who was out tryin for like 20 mins tonight after riding with some peeps lol.
i was on a kinda straight back road headed to my house, 1130 at night. just got in.
and going 15 and slippin the clutch and raising the rmp's, i even tried the left foot on rear peg thing... that was uncomfortable as shit though, made me nervious, but eventually i got it up, and rode for about 1 second before i pussed out and let it back down lol.

moral of the story for some of us...

my bike is impetent... not me!

xshanex 09-22-2004 08:50 PM

just started to be able to pop the front up about a month ago. Got a couple of really decent ones before I figured I shouldn't be pressing my luck anymore that night. Also got a hell of a stoppie up that night that almost went a little too far and I tried to do a rolling one and locked up the front which slid a little over a foot. The directions are good and are what I followed bit there's something to be said for just taking it slow and learning to power it up in first though. Can't say enough for a steering damper though after setting a few down crooked. If anyone ever wants to pracice I have a decent spot for late night practices

VAbeachTegNout 09-23-2004 06:46 PM

werd where u located? i would like to take u up on that offer..

thanks

xshanex 09-23-2004 07:56 PM

I'm in hampton and usually don't get home from work till after 9 or so but am usually down for riding late

R1Buttercup 09-23-2004 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by xshanex
just started to be able to pop the front up about a month ago. Got a couple of really decent ones before I figured I shouldn't be pressing my luck anymore that night. Also got a hell of a stoppie up that night that almost went a little too far and I tried to do a rolling one and locked up the front which slid a little over a foot. The directions are good and are what I followed bit there's something to be said for just taking it slow and learning to power it up in first though. Can't say enough for a steering damper though after setting a few down crooked. If anyone ever wants to pracice I have a decent spot for late night practices

Practice makes perfect, LOL. I'm up for some late nite ride/stunting.