Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

how to get a salvage title bike have a rebuilt title

Old 01-19-2010, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thefastone has disabled reputation
Default how to get a salvage title bike have a rebuilt title

i just got a salvage title bike about a week ago the pre. owner laid it down and just messed up the fairing and stuff there was no frame damage at all. the bike has been put together and is ready to ride. i went to dmv to get the title changed over and get the bike reg and they told me i need to get a rebuilt tilte. so my question to you is how to i get a rebuilt title for my bike.

i also wanted to know how long it take to get a rebuilt title.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox
Default Re: how to get a salvage title bike have a rebuilt title

Originally Posted by thefastone
i just got a salvage title bike about a week ago the pre. owner laid it down and just messed up the fairing and stuff there was no frame damage at all. the bike has been put together and is ready to ride. i went to dmv to get the title changed over and get the bike reg and they told me i need to get a rebuilt tilte. so my question to you is how to i get a rebuilt title for my bike.

i also wanted to know how long it take to get a rebuilt title.
Google is your friend...

"virginia rebuilt title" yields this: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...ed_rebuilt.asp
Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 AM

thefastone has disabled reputation

thanks

anyone knows how long the process takes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

I understand that it is harder now than when I did it. But take lots of before and after pictures. They love to see that. I actually streetfightered my bike, but I made sure it had mirrors, turn signals, horn, stock exhaust (didn't want the loudness distracting from the inspection) and everything else to pass a basic VA inspection.
You can download the paperwork you need from the DMV site, the stuff below should get you started. Just make sure you document everything. The guy who inspected me actually told me he appreciated how organized I was and it only took about 15 minutes for him to pass it! It seemed to be easier than when you go get your vehicle inspected annually!!

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...ed_rebuilt.asp
This tells you about it

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/les022a.pdf
http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/vsa59.pdf
Some forms you may need

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...q/contacts.asp
Point of contact
Old 01-27-2010, 04:14 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

i recently found out... that you will need the claim report / damage report. With a detailed list of all the parts that are damaged and the reason that the vehicle was totaled. You will also need reciepts for all the parts purchased to replace those parts. Or else the inspector will not even look at you.

You can only title a rebuilt, branded, or salvaged title by sending it off to Richmond DMV. No other branch can do these titles. So... even if the title is rebuilt and you sell it. The person that you sold it too will have to mail the title in to have it put in their name.

It will cost $125 for the inspector to come to you and do the inspection. Then an additional $10 for the new title that will be mailed to you in your name.

I will know a little more soon... but this is what I have gotten so far.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

kalyanjupalle has disabled reputation

HI, i'm planning to get my salvage title bike to Rebuilt. I dropped the bike down and isurance company totaled it since it had a scratch on the frame. left Farings, foot peg, rear set, turn signals were damaged. I had replaced most of the damaged part and the bike runs good. I just touched up paint for the frame. I have the bills for the parts i bought online, and VIN # for used parts. When filling out LES 022A form i see a section for "REBUILDER'S CERTIFICATE NUMBER". Since i repaired it myself i dont have this information. Is it okay to send the form to DMV with out Rebuilder's number? Will DMV consider for REBIULT title since i repaired my bike?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

password can only hope to improve