Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

HJC Helmets

Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default HJC Helmets

Hey Guys,

I dont have a bike, nor do I see myself getting one (I would love one), but I need to pickup a helmet for the new car (2008 Ariel Atom). Ive tried on my father's helmet which is an HJC and it fit nicely, but Im curious as to whether or not you guys would recommend HJC as a brand?

I know Ive read somewhere that they allow alot of wind-noise, but they are a pretty good deal. Whatever helmet I buy will need to pass all safety boards, etc for track use.

Any suggestions on what to buy would be nice.

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: HJC Helmets

good enough for Ben Spies
in turn good enough for me
Old 04-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
in turn good enough for me
You dont have the problem with excessive wind noise?

Can you recommend a good spot to buy one? I thought about going to "Sprockets" on W. Broad but maybe Ill find one cheaper online.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

they are hella cheap online
i got the Ben Spies "Elbowz" CF one for way under retail on eBay on a whim
Where are you located? I know of a place in the 757 you could get one pretty cheap
online i would look at newenough.com or motorcyclesuperstore.com
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
they are hella cheap online
i got the Ben Spies "Elbowz" CF one for way under retail on eBay on a whim
Where are you located? I know of a place in the 757 you could get one pretty cheap
online i would look at newenough.com or motorcyclesuperstore.com
Im in Richmond.

I just found the stickey and NewEnough. They have what looks like a decent one for $70 on wholesale: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/h...le_helmet.html

Really, its going to be used for keeping the bugs and rocks out of my mouth/hair. Ill be in one of these, though it will have a roll hoop:

Is that one going to be a waste of money (should I spend $150+ and know that I got a quality helmet) ?

Last edited by 95RogueM3; 04-05-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:36 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

I got an HJC-CL14 from newenough closeout for cheap and they make great helmets imo. Pricewise they're great, and I like the fit of mine, haven't really notice excessive windnoise, I mean you're gonna have some windnoise riding a bike or in that car you'll be in but nothing I would call excessive. I had a cheap helmet that came with my bike, can't even remember what brand name it was, but it sucked fit wise, it was the right size but the padding was horrible and after riding awhile my ears would start hurting in that thing, bought the HJC and have been comfortable in it. I'd say go for it.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd get a Scorpion before I'd buy another HJC...

www.sportbiketrackgear.com has some really good deals on Scorpion helmets.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 PM
two wheeled terror

savanna13 has disabled reputation

www.newenough.com

I bought my HJC full carbon at 1/3 retail here. Brand new. BTW, I love my HJC.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I love my Suomy Spec1-R Extreme.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered member

okay zero
dont ball out of control

Quick Reply: HJC Helmets