Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Hit and run

Old 05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough
Default Hit and run

Maybe this is the wrong section, but it deals with my bike so maybe somebody has had this happen to them. Today I was at work, and somebody tells me that somebody hit my bike and drove off. I got outside and my turn signal is hanging. LUCKILY somebody saw the person and took a picture of their license plate. The witness said the lady backed out of the parking spot, knocked my bike over, got out of her car and attempted to pick it up herself, but needed assistance from another guy (maybe her passenger, but I'm not sure) and sat it back up like nothing happened. Didn't attempt to contact me, the owner, or leave a note.

I couldn't really inspect the bike too well for damage because it was dark, but my fuel injector light is on now all of a sudden. What I'm wondering is, what can and should be done? I'm pretty pissed obviously they just hit and ran, but is there monetary compensation that I should/can seek even if there isnt much damage?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: Hit and run

You have a witness and hopefully a photo with a license plate. Start there.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Shoulda called the cops right then and there; with the witness present. They would have run the plate and went to her house while you waited. I'm not positive, but it may be tougher now to prove everything after the fact....
Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

yes... if you didnt call he police as soon as it happened... you probably screwed yourself...

Call the police now and see what you can do. I can tell you that your insurance will cover it no matter what.... but you will need a police report. Second... hit and run is a criminal charge and people like that need to be made example of... You need to turn her in and let her suffer. The police are your friends in situations like this.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Check this:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/just-fyi-anyone-whos-had-their-bike-hit-pushed-over-299416/
Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
i am gonna assume that you are not calling me stupid since I have already been through this same situation twice. I already stated that the insurance company will take care of it no matter what... full coverage... liability... it is all covered under uninsured motorist. But if you do not get a police report... normally the insurance company will not do anything until that is done. So... please read before you speak, if you are calling me stupid.

I already have 2 threads of this happening to me. So I KNOW what needs to be done.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
i am gonna assume that you are not calling me stupid since I have already been through this same situation twice. I already stated that the insurance company will take care of it no matter what... full coverage... liability... it is all covered under uninsured motorist. But if you do not get a police report... normally the insurance company will not do anything until that is done. So... please read before you speak, if you are calling me stupid.

I already have 2 threads of this happening to me. So I KNOW what needs to be done.

chill out man.. read what it says..

guessin uv never seen that used before.. it mean hes with u on it.. geezz it doesnt say "Your fucking stupid"
Old 05-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

lol at foamin' when someone is agreeing with you
Old 05-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rollingstock
chill out man.. read what it says..

guessin uv never seen that used before.. it mean hes with u on it.. geezz it doesnt say "Your fucking stupid"
Thanks stock couldnt have said it better myself see if i let him use my truck again hahahaha
Old 05-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Agreed that uninsured motorist will cover it....................just blows that depending on your insurance company your rates *may* go up. Better to have an actual person at fault......

***edit***

Depending on the amount of damage (if you can't prove who did it to the cops), it may be cheaper in the long run to just pay out of pocket for it.

Personally; unless I have a car payment, I have liability. No reason for full coverage imho, unless you like hitting stationary objects from time to time at high speeds.......

Last edited by CBR600F4; 05-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Hit and run