Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

HID's?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:04 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default HID's?

I was considering running HID's on my ZX6R but I'd like to know more about running HID's on a motorcycle.. I know that HID's run at a lower temperature than your regular halogen bulb, but I also know that many people have experienced problems with melting the plastic or the headlight housings on their motorcycle.. Why does that happen? Is it a bad idea in general, in all honesty? ...or is it just like other mods where it works good if it's installed correctly?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation
Default Re: HID's?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I was considering running HID's on my ZX6R but I'd like to know more about running HID's on a motorcycle.. I know that HID's run at a lower temperature than your regular halogen bulb, but I also know that many people have experienced problems with melting the plastic or the headlight housings on their motorcycle.. Why does that happen? Is it a bad idea in general, in all honesty? ...or is it just like other mods where it works good if it's installed correctly?
i just put HID in mine.. i like them but they are to bright however mine are not made for my bike.. they are actually off of real cars giving the true HID color of 4300k which is pure white.. so beam is alil off but i do love the color of them
Old 08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i ran them on my sv650s for a while, but i decided that they were too bright and just bought some silverstars...

as long as you mount the amps good, the only problem is getting them to fit into the headlight. the hole in the lamp is bigger in dia than a hid bulb.

i have a setup that i ran on my sv i will sell you for a good price, that already has washers made so the bulbs will fit in the lamps if you are interested. i tried to sell them a while back but no one was interested.

they are off of a 2004 lexus rx330. the bulbs have never been touched. i used a known bad bulb to make sure everything worked before i mounted the real bulbs.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:47 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by onepointone
i ran them on my sv650s for a while, but i decided that they were too bright and just bought some silverstars...

as long as you mount the amps good, the only problem is getting them to fit into the headlight. the hole in the lamp is bigger in dia than a hid bulb.

i have a setup that i ran on my sv i will sell you for a good price, that already has washers made so the bulbs will fit in the lamps if you are interested. i tried to sell them a while back but no one was interested.

they are off of a 2004 lexus rx330. the bulbs have never been touched. i used a known bad bulb to make sure everything worked before i mounted the real bulbs.
how much?