Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Help Save Our Sport!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
RagPhoto.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Help Save Our Sport!!!

I haven't seen it on here and if it has already been posted o well. Its a very important issue. Please fill out the petitions for everyone in your household.

So here's the low down...

Copied from the AMA's website. http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=629

On August 14th, 2008, Congress passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA). Intended to make children's everyday toys safer, the rule governing implementation of the act threatens to end youth off-highway vehicle (OHV) riding entirely.

According to section 101(a) of the enacted legislation, all youth products containing lead must have less than 600 parts per million (ppm) by weight. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has interpreted the law to apply to various components of youth OHVs including the engine, brakes, suspension, battery and other mechanical parts. Even though the lead levels in these parts are small, they are still above the minimum threshold.

The unavailability of youth OHVs will devastate family OHV recreation and cripple amateur competition, creating a domino effect across all aspects of motorized recreation.

In order to assure continued availability and access to youth OHVs, the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) and Specialty Vehicle Industry Association (SVIA) submitted petitions to the CPSC asking that certain vehicles be excluded from the final rule governing the law.

It is critical that Congress and the CPSC know the petition exists and that they act on it to maintain a vital form of recreation for American families, preserve youth racing and protect the thousands of jobs associated with this industry.

Please write or call your Representative and the CPSC today and ask them to approve the petition to exclude youth OHVs from the CPSIA lead content requirements.

Another Petition.
http://tomself.com/

Video.
http://www.motoxposure.com/tv/video/letthekidsride.htm

MODS: If you could sticky this at least temporarily it would help a lot. Thank you.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3
Default Re: Help Save Our Sport!!!

I highly doubt a petition will work, they do what they want.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

//+1\\
Old 02-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

It's fucking stupid.

People are out there dying on the streets, and they want to take away 'healthy', fun, recreational shit.

I <3 our gov't
Old 02-17-2009, 03:43 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i heard about this, and it's absolutely crazy. As I was told, dealerships have already been told to pull childrens dirtbikes/atvs from showroom floors.

To anyone that's not already an AMA member.... you should be. If they can pull this off, who do you think they're going to be targeting later on down the road?

US!!

I for one, grew up riding dirtbikes around the woods/swamps around my house, and would never be where I am now or know what I know now if it wasn't for that start. It's not fair to deny present and future generations the right to do the same.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
holla

Does this mean I can't buy a new fiddy?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by j4k3
from what i was told.... yup.

ain't that some shit?

I just heard random shit from people though, so maybe it's not that bad.....yet.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by j4k3
Exactly. On top of that. You cannot purchase any parts for one or have it serviced.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by 99CIVICFTW
Exactly. On top of that. You cannot purchase any parts for one or have it serviced.
are you fucking kidding me?????

holy shit!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM
holla

I'm not feeling this. I'm old enough to make stupid decisions on my own. If I want to buy a dirt bike made for a toddler and do unspeakable things to it then I should be able to.

Quick Reply: Help Save Our Sport!!!