Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Help with R6 and R6s information

Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Help with R6 and R6s information

I have recently learned that in 2005 they changed the Yamaha R6 in slight ways. Says that there are 2 rad fans, instead of 1, the front forks were changed, the headlight lense altered, the velocity stacks were changed. And about 3 horsepower added, according to this article.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Now, I have looked around and cannot find any real comparison the the R6s. Says that it was the 03 to 05 model reborn in 06. Which is true. But I know that I have the 05 style velocity stacks. But I have the 03 - 04 front forks. The 05's also offered a different braking system that was better. I am kinda curious if these firmer 05 forks and brakes will directly bolt on. Also says something about a taller tire. I am kinda curious as to which of these changes were carried over to my 2006 R6s.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help with R6 and R6s information

i dont think they are.. i know 05s are inverted. so im sure the tripple trees arent different
Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

holy piss
where have you been?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
yes sir

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
holy piss
where have you been?
whos me?... iv been around... moved out of state after EMC closed.. im back now.. bikeless for awhile. been taking out chris's 675 out every now an again. haha

where u been?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rollingstock
i dont think they are.. i know 05s are inverted. so im sure the tripple trees arent different
Well.. I was figuring an entire front end from an 05. but when I was looking into it. I started to think about what carried over from the 05 R6 to the 06 R6s? I have an 06 R6s. They are said to be modeled after the 03 - 05 R6 but they made some changes in 05 to the timing and stuff. Does that mean I have the bigger throttle bodies? The alternating velocity stacks? The more aggressive timing? Kinda peeked my interest at this point.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Well.. I was figuring an entire front end from an 05. but when I was looking into it. I started to think about what carried over from the 05 R6 to the 06 R6s? I have an 06 R6s. They are said to be modeled after the 03 - 05 R6 but they made some changes in 05 to the timing and stuff. Does that mean I have the bigger throttle bodies? The alternating velocity stacks? The more aggressive timing? Kinda peeked my interest at this point.
i dont really know.. might be better off asking on a yamaha forum.. haha sorry im not that big of a help
Old 05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

www.r6-forum.com
Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Slow R1 Pilot!

RUCrash is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess would be you have the same bike as the 05 R6. Many many moons ago Yamaha played the same card with the YZF-600R (called the Thundercat in other countries). They made a serious upgrade to their 600 supersport, changed the designation from 600R to R6, and kept the 600R mostly unchanged for the next 10 years (just like Suzuki with the GSX-F Katana going from their top supersport to the sport tourer replaced by the then new GSX-R). In 07, Yamaha dropped the 600R, and created the R6S.

If you really want to start checking into front end swaps, or small detail changes, I'd say go to the R6 forum as Ryan suggested, or you could always try calling Yamaha and look for specs on the componants.