Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

help on downloading maps

Old 08-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on downloading maps

i judy got a pc3 usb for my 03 954 how do u download the maps off the internet and get them to the pc3 i have a laptop with wireless internet so getting them to the ps aint the prob ..just need to know how they are downloaded ive been on powercommader.com just cant fig it out....i wanna richen mine on top end because i wanna up my hit of nitrous to a 40
Old 08-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: help on downloading maps

I'm sure you made it this far but go here for the maps,

954 Maps

choose the one(s) you want and save them to your hard drive

I haven't messed with my PC in a while but open up the software and when you are on the screen with all the fuel cell windows click "Open Map File" I believe it is, then find where you saved your map files(they may have to be unzipped first), then click on the one you want.

Now the fuel cells for that map are on the screen but they are NOT on the power commander yet, you probably need to power the PC using the 9v battery adapter, turning on the ignition will not power it up on Suzukis but some of them have independent power to the PC, I'm not sure on Hondas, when you switch on the ignition and turn on the kill switch it will momentarily power up as your fuel pump primes itself, but as soon as the pump is done priming it will also lose power if its run off of the pump's power. If you don't have power to the PC you will know because it will display "Error connecting to PC".

Now click "Send Map" to actually load the map into the PC. And thats it, then just make sure after you adjust the fuel cells to "send" the new map again or else it will just have the original in it. But personally I would get it dyno tuned so you have a a/f ratio, seat of the pants tuning a nitrous system just sounds like a recipe for a potential blown motor to me.

That should get you set up, if not if your close to Richmond bring it by and I'll help you out.

Last edited by Del La Sol 1320; 08-27-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help on downloading maps

thanks man i changed the map to richen it up on top end alil not much..it helped out alot