Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Helmet Laws

Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93VAHatch has disabled reputation
Default Helmet Laws

Has anyone heard anything about Va getting rid of the helmet law?
Heard some guy talking about it tonight, but I can not find anything saying yes or no.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:47 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA
Default Re: Helmet Laws

yeah... all i heard about it is that if you are 21 or above then you dont have to wear a helmet.... i had channel 13 new interview me up at sunrise cycles a week or so ago about it and that is all ive heard about it
Old 02-10-2006, 05:26 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

I read in the newspaper that it was thrown out. The article said that every year the propose doing away with that law, but every year, it gets thrown out.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:31 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

the only good i can see coming out of getting rid of that law is riding around parking lots and so on. why the hell would you want to ride around without one? i was in new mexico last summer seeing my sister, and a guy flew by us doing every bit off 100mph+ without a helmet, and the girl on the back didnt have one either... i dont understand it man.. i dont even get how you can see. i cant ride anything about 80 with my visor up and see anything.

i think its retarded to get rid of it.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

it should be thrown out ...or altered to if your above a cetrain speed or on a certain roadway you shoudl have to wear one but like onepointone said riding around in a parking lot...its dumb
Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

93VAHatch has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
the only good i can see coming out of getting rid of that law is riding around parking lots and so on. why the hell would you want to ride around without one? i was in new mexico last summer seeing my sister, and a guy flew by us doing every bit off 100mph+ without a helmet, and the girl on the back didnt have one either... i dont understand it man.. i dont even get how you can see. i cant ride anything about 80 with my visor up and see anything.

i think its retarded to get rid of it.
Yea I ride a harley and wear one all the time, I would not get on a sport bike without one. It would be cool for charity rides and etc. but even some of those get crazy.
Any way I heard at the dealer today it has been sent up for to the state level for approval but that's where it usually gets killed.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM

Yeah that is what I heard is that it had made though the first round but it is going up again soon. I feel it should be lifted I personally think it would be hot to be able to ride around with no helmet. Especially at the oceanfront. I mean I would rock it when on the interstate etc.... But then again I feel they should legalize all drugs and let people burn themselves out and let the others that do not do drugs advance easier. Only the strong survive.......
Old 02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

The no-helmet law was not passed. Heard it on the news a day or so ago.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1BDAZM
Yeah that is what I heard is that it had made though the first round but it is going up again soon. I feel it should be lifted I personally think it would be hot to be able to ride around with no helmet. Especially at the oceanfront. I mean I would rock it when on the interstate etc.... But then again I feel they should legalize all drugs and let people burn themselves out and let the others that do not do drugs advance easier. Only the strong survive.......

yea... real hot cruisin the ocean front trying to show off for the ladies when some jackass lady on a cell phone pulls out in front of you and your face is gone... let alone hoping you arent really fucked up in some way from the accident..

point is.. shit happens, you never know when your coming off your bike.

i guess im kinda strong on the situation considering if i hadnt of been wearing my helmet with my only accident, i wouldnt be around today.

(you cant see the spider cracks too well because its so bright, but they are there)

Last edited by onepointone; 02-13-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 AM
20psi>engine

72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onepointone
yea... real hot cruisin the ocean front trying to show off for the ladies when some jackass lady on a cell phone pulls out in front of you and your face is gone... let alone hoping you arent really fucked up in some way from the accident..

point is.. shit happens, you never know when your coming off your bike.

i guess im kinda strong on the situation considering if i hadnt of been wearing my helmet with my only accident, i wouldnt be around today.

(you cant see the spider cracks too well because its so bright, but they are there)
Thats really not the point of this though. You should have the freedom to choose wether you want to wear your helmet or not. Same with the seatbelt law, why does the govt HAVE to step in to keep us(the citizens) safe? I know that if there were no helmet law, i would still wear mine when i rode. Had there been no helmet law, would you have been wearing yours still?

Quick Reply: Helmet Laws