Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

helments

Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar
Default Re: helments

^^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCy6vw0dkI
Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by eXploited
Sorry but my outlook on a helmet is "You can not put a price on your Cranium/Face/Skin etc... I want to spend whatever money on a helmet that will give me the best protection for what I am doing.. Same as firefighting.. I ride with a SHOEI RF-1000. I have seen too many of these $75-180 helmets crack completely in half upon impact on accidents on the road.

Please spend the money and get a great helmet.

SHOEI and ARAI are lightweight and offer a GREAT protection rating.
What about those studies that came out like 5 years ago that basically proved budget helmets basicall held up just as well as the higher end ones? Motorcyclist published it "Blowing the Lid off". Tried seraching it, seems like it's been removed. It casued quite the stir among manfactuers. They lost some advertisers and ended up firing someone, smh. Some screen shots:

Orginal

Follow Up

Also if someone's helmet cracked in half, do you think any helmet would of saved them at that kind of impact? My current helmet is a AGV before that I had 2 Scorpion 700s.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

You can read magazine articles all day long on this, but I have seen it first hand on the streets. The gear I have/wear is due to seeing what others have used on the street in crashes.