Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Have a Few Questions for Motorcycle Owners/Previous Owners

Old 04-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Jive Turkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM
Default Re: Have a Few Questions for Motorcycle Owners/Previous Owners

What kind of drugs do you guys take to be able to ride a bike with all the moron drivers around here?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

This thread is very subjective, but I'll try to help.

I ride aN 09 cbr 600 rr
pay $191.00/mo
full coverage insurance is $25/mo I am 26 and have 2 other cars on my insurance so that helps.
I love riding it, duh
I had aN 07 gsxr 600 for my first bike, but it was uncomfortable

Advice, start on whatever you want, but be very careful, respect it and take it easy. You can kill yourself on a small or big bike, but it's all in how you ride it. O, and someone else can kill you on any size bike, regardless of how you ride it.

Last edited by JROW; 04-19-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn

Thank you all for your responses.

This thread is very subjective, but I'll try to help.
I understand, yes, this thread is very subjective and appreciate all the on topic responses. Keep 'em coming
Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

i was wondering some of these things myself good stuff.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
last breath first

gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup

good thread, answered a few questions I had myself. If you really havent had much experience on a bike I would suggest maybe finding a dirtbike and riding around to get the feel of how to control it at decent speeds.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

1. Your month payments are? PAID
2. What type of insurance do you have on it? Full
3. How much is it? (insurance) $118/ YEAR
4. What kind of bike do you have? 1997 GSX-R 750.
5. How do you like it/what others did you try? She's my baby I'll NEVER get rid of her, had an RF900 before and I've ridden many others.
6. Did you start off small (250) or start medium(600)? Is either way better (in your opinion) I rode dirt bikes my whole life so I assumed I was good. Got a great deal on a 900 and laid it down within 3 miles of my house the first time out. Riding a motorcycle (ESPECIALLY A DAYTONA CALIBER SPORT BIKE) is something you should go into with as much on your side as possible. Take the MSF course first,use their bike, go from there.
7. Any other info you have to share you think might be useful TAKE THE MSF!!!! Also wear bright clothes like NEON orange,green, and yellow and reflective stripes are good too. I wear one of these because You look even less cool in a pool of blood than you do in Neon clothes.

Last edited by burnoutboy; 04-19-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn

I am definitely taking the riding classes. They are all offered through the military; the basic, basic 2 and the sport bike class. I have rode dirt bikes and owned a chopper, but I realize both these things are different than a sport bike hence part of the reason for this thread. Good information and good advice on plenty of reflective shiny stuff; one I plan on wearing because of obvious safety benefits as well as its a requirement to ride on base
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Wrong section. There is a specific sub-forum for this.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

If you're a mod feel free to move to the cycle forum, I hadn't noticed there was a specific forum for 2 wheels, mostly because I never venture down that far. If not, then thank you for the fyi
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

you just reminded me, i have a perfect, like new alpinestars jacket (size 40) i need to try to sell...

speaking from experience, if you plan at any point to upgrade from a 250 to a 600, go straight to the 600, or at the very least buy your first bike with the thought in mind that you're going to sell it within a couple months. i fucked up bad and bought a brand new off-brand (hyosung) 250 that i couldn't get rid of as soon as i got comfortable riding it, and had to trade it in and lose my ass on the 09 r6 i should have bought in the first place... there's something to be said about playing it safe and learning on a 250, but looking back with hindsight if you are POSITIVE you're mature enough not to try to "take the bike to its limits", it's just as easy to learn on a 600 as it is on a 250...

and yes, DEFINITELY get full coverage. someone actually said to me on this board once, that it's not a matter of IF someone steals it, but WHEN... and sure enough, mine was stolen almost exactly one year ago today, just as the weather had started to turn...

Quick Reply: Have a Few Questions for Motorcycle Owners/Previous Owners