Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

good shop in the 757?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good shop in the 757?

ive only been to the honda dealer on vb blvd and i gotta say im really unimpressed with their inventory and customer service. the few times ive needed parts from them it was like pulling teeth and their staff is relatively ignorant outside of what they have on the shelf. even simple things like oil or helmet visors much less the clutch parts i had to order a year ago.

can anyone recommend a more customer friendly shop?

my head bearings are need to be repacked and im not looking to do it myself this time.
(i realize the sales people shouldnt reflect on the workmanship of the shop.. but i feel it goes hand in hand. if they cant get little shit right, why would i trust them with a machine i trust with my life?)
Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: good shop in the 757?

order stuff online but for service??? ask around the forum since alot of riders here do good work and are very helpful

if you are not a douche
Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Registered Member

eh, ill admit i can be rough around the edges. i like to think im generally good people though. and i can be pretty picky about the people i ride with. ive seen too many squids hurt other people and themselves.

i personally have been down a few times but theres a time and a place for the dumb shit. i love everything about riding and miss riding in small groups.

ive had to resort to the internet for my parts so far, but it would be great to have a shop to go and shoot the shit with the techs or the sales people who know whats going on and who give a crap.

i prefer to keep amsoil in my bike... know anyone selling it around here? ive been to two shops who both gave me a blank look when i asked for it haha.

btw the squid is not a navy reference.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

I havn't found any local shops around here really!! I also use amsoil in my bike the only place that sells it around here is the NAPA in Pungo. The cycle gear in Norfolk seems more dirt bike oriented and then theres Sunrise and Cycle World which are Mediocre at best!! There have been a couple of shops around that have come and gone but nothing that has lasted due to some shady work which has pushed customers away!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

couple of members on here work at different shops.. i work at redline in yorktown
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Revn Till 82k

xlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud ofxlaox has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rollingstock
couple of members on here work at different shops.. i work at redline in yorktown
^^ redlines good
Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Registered Member

ill have to stop in. im in ocean view.. yorktown isnt that far.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

When it comes to parts you're not gonna find a lot of inventory on the shelves of local shops, so you're best bet is buying online. You may get deals on labor though if you buy parts through the shop. I've been really impressed with Precision ( http://www.precisionmotorcycle.com/ ) the two times I've been. I was pointed there by a member on here and the shop itself isn't very big and there's not a lot of inventory, but my bikes been in and out very quickly when I've needed work and the guys there are pretty helpful.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
When it comes to parts you're not gonna find a lot of inventory on the shelves of local shops, so you're best bet is buying online. You may get deals on labor though if you buy parts through the shop. I've been really impressed with Precision ( http://www.precisionmotorcycle.com/ ) the two times I've been. I was pointed there by a member on here and the shop itself isn't very big and there's not a lot of inventory, but my bikes been in and out very quickly when I've needed work and the guys there are pretty helpful.
Never had work done there but steve did pick up mine and another bike when we went down. We took up most of his day but he was really cool about it. That says a lot to me.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j4k3
Never had work done there but steve did pick up mine and another bike when we went down. We took up most of his day but he was really cool about it. That says a lot to me.
bought sum forks off steve.. and seen the mess ..

seems like a kool dude.. no clue about the work that comes out there tho