Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Gold Wheels or ??

Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Gold Wheels or ??

Guys,

I recently picked up an '01 F4i off of "KillerBee" on the forums. Bike is running nicely now and only needs a few little things to be exactly the way I want it. I had been thinking the past few days that I might powdercoat the wheels as I dont know how much I like the gold color they are right now.

This morning I spent a few hours cleaning up the bike, including de-greasing the wheels and giving them a good scrub down (sucked as my stand hasnt arrived yet...so there was lots of bike moving going on. )

Anyway, I started to like the gold a bit better, but am still not sure on what I should do, if anything, to the wheels. Below are a few pics for reference:

The only thing that has me kinda hesitant to change is that I will want to upgrade to an RR of GSXR next year and dont want to dump a bunch of money into the bike needlessly.

Let me know what you think or what you would do, if it were your bike. Im open to wheel stripes (time attack style) or gloss finishes, etc

Thanks in advance!

-Jack
Old 05-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Gold Wheels or ??

There are a tons of different ways to powdercoat going one flat color would be a crime

Seriously the shiz they can do these day is crazy
Old 05-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 2>4
There are a tons of different ways to powdercoat going one flat color would be a crime

Seriously the shiz they can do these day is crazy
I hear you.

I dont want to go with just a gloss black (like stock) and maybe I'll end up keeping the gold..but I thought I would see if anyone had some sick ideas or a pic to show something that would look clean but aggressive at the same time.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

no need to upgrade to a RR or gixxer, do the vortex 520 chain conversion an get a power commander
Glad to see you found a f4i stay safe
Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i think the pic of my rims are somewhere on this forum
Pretty sure no one has copied them exactly but similar style
Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cr33pin
no need to upgrade to a RR or gixxer, do the vortex 520 chain conversion an get a power commander
Glad to see you found a f4i stay safe
Thanks!

The bike already has a power commander installed but still has the factory sprockets and chain.

The reason for the upgrade would honestly be just for the aesthetics and to get something new looking. I know its vain, but the F4i looked a bit outdated at the bike night next to all the newer GSXRs and 636s. My end-goal has always been to get a newer GSXR since I first started checking out bikes 5 years ago...I just knew the F4i would be better for an inexperience rider.
Originally Posted by 2>4
I'll run a search.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:11 PM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 2>4
Q I saw your rims at EMC. Shit is NICE!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

What about red?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

KiLLa BeE is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice bike =) Looks good clean =P
Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I hear you.

I dont want to go with just a gloss black (like stock) and maybe I'll end up keeping the gold..but I thought I would see if anyone had some sick ideas or a pic to show something that would look clean but aggressive at the same time.
wrong. stock is flat black. i wish my wheels were gloss black..

Quick Reply: Gold Wheels or ??