Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Gettin back on 2 wheels. Where to buy?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kwth8n has disabled reputation
Default Gettin back on 2 wheels. Where to buy?

I finally decided I miss it to much to stay on 4 wheels another summer, so I just got my pre approval for a new bike. This will be my thrird bike so i have experience, but i havent riden since '04. I think im going to stick with the 600cc, I dont want to get into any trouble, and I think 600 is good enough for me. My question is I heard bad things about some of the hampton roads dealers, so is there any one you guys recomend over the next. Like I said finanicing is already done, so I want the best deal I can get. Also what do you guys recomend between the different bikes. Im just a regular rider, I dont stunt, I like the twisties but im not crazy , mainly I just enjoy the ride.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gettin back on 2 wheels. Where to buy?

if you REALLY want a deal, go somewhere not in hampton roads. most dealerships won't cut you much slack around here, since they know that with all the people riding around here, if you don't buy the bike for what they want for it, someone else will.

i'd do some research on dealers within a few hundred miles of here, usually find better deals that way. it's spring time, so you're gonna be harder pressed to find a screaming deal.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
DennisB, 07 1K RR...

04gsxR is a jewel in the rough04gsxR is a jewel in the rough04gsxR is a jewel in the rough

I sent you a pm with my cell #. I have a friend in NC that hooks us up with our bikes. The dealers around here can't touch his price. He's about 2 hrs away and they sell Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. Let me know.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

pmed you back.. I'll be in touch.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:39 AM
DennisB, 07 1K RR...

04gsxR is a jewel in the rough04gsxR is a jewel in the rough04gsxR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kwth8n
pmed you back.. I'll be in touch.

OK!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

D&D in Norfolk are pretty good guys, they have always hook me up with a good deal.

I remember back in'01 when I tried to buy a new R6, the sales person at Cycle World wanted $11,200 for a new R6 and at Sunrise, I was quoted $9,600. Back then MSRP was 7,999
This is a military town, guys from the navy come and go, they just want to buy and ride, and the dealerships around here take advantage of that.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

i heard also that places like indiana and west va are good places to buy. I went to Steve @ Sunrise and i felt like i was treated like an actual person. I got a jacket, helmet, gloves, and tiedowns for CHEAPER than casey quoted me for the bike alone. Service and contact was top notch, and they got me in and out of there with no hassels. I'll be going back to them to extend my warranty in a month or so. It's nice to buy your bike local and have that local contact and service center. Sometimes the service is worth the extra money. I buy most of my parts and oil/filter stuff from casey or redline because i can just stop by there during work.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
got chrome??

Vtecteg90 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a 1998 FZR600R for sale, minor damage to right side fairing. 13xxx miles $2500.00
Old 04-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Vtecteg90
I got a 1998 FZR600R for sale, minor damage to right side fairing. 13xxx miles $2500.00
I appreciate the offer, but im going brand new this time. Looks like im going with 04gsxR's guy right now. His guy sounds like an unbeatable deal. Thanks for all the advice from everyone so far though.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Mr109 has disabled reputation

Currie Chainsaws in Lumberton NC cant be beat.Suzuki and Honda Great Deals

Quick Reply: Gettin back on 2 wheels. Where to buy?